Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Advice...

Question Video Game Advice...

Previous reference -> http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...pic=3356&st=20

I've decided to give in to buying a portable game system... and have made my mind on the NDS rather than the PSP (due to the cost mainly, fun factor would be about the same I think)

Question is these R4DS, M3 and TT, which ones do you use and your thoughts on the others.. I saw a chart comparison on these, but I'd like your opinions, please

Well after starting that thread I went with the recommendations and got a NDS and also got the R4DS.

Now somewhere along the line (either in the shipping to me or me taking it home) my CD broke and I had to install the software manually. This wasn't too hard though but I might be missing things so my performance might not be great.

I find it a bit annoying that you have to power off the system when you're finished with applications, but it runs things quite fine. It does hijack the start up though. With most cartridges I choose to start the game from the NDS start up screen but the R4DS just takes over and runs itself.

I have some emulators installed but I haven't used them much, they work ok but not as well as emulators made for PCs. And the joypad isn't really made for performing Street Fighter II moves. I installed a msn program but haven't had much chance to try out the wireless features. I don't go to McDonalds enough!

Mostly I've been caught up totally in playing Pokemon Diamond which by itself has made me very happy with the purchase of the NDS.

NDS is the WAY TO GO!

I've mine in Pink and I plastered them in Transformers movie skins and got "shit" from the people here. Anyway that's a different story. But hey, I haven't heard about M3 or TT, the latest is the R4 where you get a cartridge similar to a game cartridge and you have a slot for a MicroSD card at the top of it. The program should come installed to launch the application.

Just drag and drop DS games where you can download from websites onto your MicroSD and then you're on your way. But do note though, EUR versions are more likely to have errors and cannot read the data as compared to US version. P.S: It's exactly what Kyle got in his Jan acqusitions.

Paul: I have the application CD and can burn a copy 4 you if you want to make sure everything is installed fine. On another note, a few new games like Mario Party, Orcs & Elves, Dementium The ward, Izuna Legend of Ninja, cannot seem to work, have you tried them yet?
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Sorry I don't know any of those games. I'm only trying to emulate games I already own for my older console systems (Atari 2600, Gameboy and SuperNES)

Paulbot, if you are having difficulty with your system I could always send you a copy of mine. Its ready to play movies, MP3s and stuff as well as a comic book reader and MSN chat which I use often while on the run.
    ________
    California dispensaries
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:34 PM.

kup, excuse my ignorance and since I don't have a NDS yet... how do you send a copy of the system? Do you mean burn a copy of your microSD content?

another question to everyone, where did ya buy your R4DS and cost?

EDIT: how's the loading time on the R4DS? quicker than a standard cartridge?
    Last edited by Saintly; 11th January 2008 at 04:38 PM.

Kup, I think I will you up on that. I think mine's just not quite right.

Saintly I got my R4DS from www.ozmodchips.com I took their free shipping offer but as I said the mini CD-ROM that came with it was cracked when I went to use it (but I can't say for sure this didn't happen in my bag on the way home from picking it up)

www.bamboogaming.com - based in Hong Kong, but much cheaper than anything you'll get locally. I got my R4 from there and it was $40 with free postage.

As far as emulation goes, things up to 8-bit run pretty much perfect (i.e. NES and Master System). When you move up to SNES and Mega Drive things are a bit more spotty. I don't think there's an emulator that does sound for the Mega Drive yet, but otherwise it's pretty much perfect.

I also have the msn client, web browser, video player, etc. Pretty good stuff.

R4 is the most popular in Hong Kong and what people buy by default over there.

You can download the latest versions of the contents on the disc on their site:
    http://www.r4ds.com/index-en.htm

www.bamboogaming.com best. shipping is a bit, but worth it.

just got me a psp cause my ds sorta got boring :/

i gots me a pandora if anyone needs too