Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATT - more than a codeword of Beast Wars Megatron

I was on Usenet years ago, but I was mostly on alt.toys.transformers.marketplace, not a.t.t. After the advent of eBay and such, the signal to noise ratio got too high, and too much junk, advertising or overpriced crap was on, so I gave up.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

It's still a fun place to hang out now and then, even if it's no longer the #1 source of scoops. A lot of the old-timers are still there and they can provide surprisingly deep historical perspectives on things.

Ya know, when they're not saying "LOL" or "Shut it, Deathy."

Similarly, #wiigii! has its moments.

Waaay before my time. I was very late in participating in online fandom (at least the ones outside Hong Kong, due to my much poorer English at the time). My first visit to ATT was actually through Google... Reading your posts now, I now believe I visited it when it was already going downhill. I did find a few worthwhile posts here and there but I didn't stay and never posted.

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    I was on Usenet years ago, but I was mostly on alt.toys.transformers.marketplace, not a.t.t. After the advent of eBay and such, the signal to noise ratio got too high, and too much junk, advertising or overpriced crap was on, so I gave up.
    +1 with the alt.toys, picked up some bargains off there many many moons ago