Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TF Beast Hunters Episode 10 - Minus One

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I sometimes click-in to see if theres a link to a stream of the episode rather than hunting it down myself. So omission of spoilers is always appreciated for the first post, I don't go reading the rest of the topic.
    That's why I still prefer to leave spoilers out of titles, and if starting a review topic, I'd just note the basic details in the first post.
    (I also try to include a poll, so that people can have a look at how it is being received, without looking at the posts for the comments and seeing spoilers.)

So much for interrogation, they should've just chopped off his limbs first and connected his CPU while he is unconscious that way they can peruse all the data in his hard drive. instead they have to have him "talk".... he doesn't talk... he just sulks....geez
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    So much for interrogation, they should've just chopped off his limbs first and connected his CPU while he is unconscious that way they can peruse all the data in his hard drive. instead they have to have him "talk".... he doesn't talk... he just sulks....geez
    Didn't Soundwave erase the data?

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Didn't Soundwave erase the data?
    yeah coz they waited for him to wake up and ask him... had they just rip his head off and attached it a computer of some sort and sifted thru his cpu he wouldn't have had the chance to do so...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

yeah coz they waited for him to wake up and ask him... had they just rip his head off and attached it a computer of some sort and sifted thru his cpu he wouldn't have had the chance to do so...
    ...and that's what separates the Autobots from the Decepticons.

Speaking of Decepticons, the moment where Shockwave gets mad at Starscream and attacks him as payback for not forewarning him about the Autobots' attack... umm... isn't revenge an "illogical emotion" for Shockwave? That moment seemed really out of character for him. Megatron declares that Shockwave's life-long project of resurrecting the Predacons is to be scrapped in order to preserve the Decepticons and Shockwave's like, "seems legit bro, kay," but then when Starscream decides to put Shockwave in jeopardy, he's like, "Shockwave mad! Shockwave kill j00z!" Wha?

Unless Shockwave reasoned that it was logical to terminate Starscream to prevent him from betraying him again in the future... but then given Starscream's notoriety, surely Shockwave would've offed him the moment he laid eyes on him if he was going along that line of thought (especially given the way he backstabbed him back on Cybertron).
    Starscream: "Shockwave!"
    Shockwave: after killing Starscream, he turns to explain his actions to Megatron "Starscream had attempted to have me terminated on Cybertron. It was only logical that I terminate him before he has the chance to betray us again in the future."
    Megatron: "Seems legit bro, 'kay."
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 9th July 2013 at 10:59 PM.

I liked Soundwave in this episode and he's become one of my favourite characters over time.

Didn't notice Ratchet's HYEP HYEP until watching for a second time though...

I noticed and I think some others have, that Shockwave is becoming a little hesitant in the whole take over 2 worlds thing. This could get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Didn't notice Ratchet's HYEP HYEP until watching for a second time though...
    Pretty sure Ratchet's been saying it since Season 1.

I noticed and I think some others have, that Shockwave is becoming a little hesitant in the whole take over 2 worlds thing. This could get interesting.
    Shockwave probably sees it as a needless expenditure of resources. Conquering a single planet would already be massively resource intensive. It probably would be more logical to focus on conquering Cybertron first, then after stablising their hold there, then consider if it would be worth the cost of conquering Earth.

In G1 the Decepticons had Ratbat as their fuel auditor who would approve or cancel missions depending on their cost efficiency. Trypticon was ordered to stop fighting the Dinobots and withdraw because the mission had exceeded the parameters of its allocated fuel budget. If the conquest/subjugation of two worlds is going to run them into deficit, then logic dictates that they not proceed with such an audacious venture. Shockwave may be forced to behave like his G1 counterpart and usurp Megatron, as logic dictates.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Shockwave probably sees it as a needless expenditure of resources. Conquering a single planet would already be massively resource intensive. It probably would be more logical to focus on conquering Cybertron first, then after stablising their hold there, then consider if it would be worth the cost of conquering Earth.

In G1 the Decepticons had Ratbat as their fuel auditor who would approve or cancel missions depending on their cost efficiency. Trypticon was ordered to stop fighting the Dinobots and withdraw because the mission had exceeded the parameters of its allocated fuel budget. If the conquest/subjugation of two worlds is going to run them into deficit, then logic dictates that they not proceed with such an audacious venture. Shockwave may be forced to behave like his G1 counterpart and usurp Megatron, as logic dictates.
    Comics, right? Gotta get on those.

Honestly, I'm starting to get a little sick of the whole "logical" thing. It was cool at first, but now it's getting pretty old.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...and that's what separates the Autobots from the Decepticons.

Speaking of Decepticons, the moment where Shockwave gets mad at Starscream and attacks him as payback for not forewarning him about the Autobots' attack... umm... isn't revenge an "illogical emotion" for Shockwave? That moment seemed really out of character for him. Megatron declares that Shockwave's life-long project of resurrecting the Predacons is to be scrapped in order to preserve the Decepticons and Shockwave's like, "seems legit bro, kay," but then when Starscream decides to put Shockwave in jeopardy, he's like, "Shockwave mad! Shockwave kill j00z!" Wha?

Unless Shockwave reasoned that it was logical to terminate Starscream to prevent him from betraying him again in the future... but then given Starscream's notoriety, surely Shockwave would've offed him the moment he laid eyes on him if he was going along that line of thought (especially given the way he backstabbed him back on Cybertron).
    Starscream: "Shockwave!"
    Shockwave: after killing Starscream, he turns to explain his actions to Megatron "Starscream had attempted to have me terminated on Cybertron. It was only logical that I terminate him before he has the chance to betray us again in the future."
    Megatron: "Seems legit bro, 'kay."
    Stupid separatism . bah unacceptable, this is war people!!! I mean bots!!!

Oh and that's laid an eye, Gok. Shockers has but one optic

Comics, right? Gotta get on those.
    Yup. G1 cartoon Shockwave was nothing more than a sycophant who demonstrated mindless (yet stagnantly incompetent) loyalty to Megatron, as wonderfully demonstrated in "Shockwave's Burden." (<---parental advisory; contains coarse language)

Honestly, I'm starting to get a little sick of the whole "logical" thing. It was cool at first, but now it's getting pretty old.
    It is overdone. The original G1 comic Shockwave was so much better because he didn't go about making a point about everything being logical all the time... it's just simply how he operated. He was a lot like a really malicious Vulcan (or an emotionless Romulan ). Vulcans don't constantly have to remind other characters or the audience that they are devoted to logic over emotions, you just know they are by watching them behave - it was the same with Shockwave. TFP Shockwave just rubs it in your face too much. Also, logic was as much G1 Shockwave's greatest weakness as it was his greatest strength.

Same with Ultra Magnus and his by-the-bookness. With IDW Magnus it didn't need to be explicitly stated, you just know by watching the character.
    e.g. (More Than Meets The Eye #18 spoiler ahead)
    "You're an Autobot, I presume?"
    "I am, yes."
    "Here."
    "No, no, I really..."
    "I never wear it. Please. It's too big for me."
    "That's no excuse. You should put it on."

^that last line was subtle enough that I actually missed its meaning the first time around, then at the end of the issue it hit me like a freakin' M. Night Shyamalan film climax and I was like, "Holy scrap!"; in retrospect that's one of the most poignant lines of the whole ish!

Beast Wars also occasionally had subtleties like that too. But the nuances in characters like Shockwave and Ultra Magnus are about as subtle as a slap to the face with a live trout. Although arguably not as tediously annoying as Beast Machines' "The seeds of the future lie buried in great responsibility." (sic)

Stupid separatism . bah unacceptable, this is war people!!! I mean bots!!!
    G1 Dai Atlas offers you a cuddle. It's somewhat ironic how different G1 and IDW Dai Atlas are from each other... one relishing a fight to the finish, the other desperately seeking an escape from conflict (he's more like Fortress Maximus in G1 (both the comics and cartoon (re: Cerebros - Fort Max didn't seem to have his own autonomous sentience in the cartoon)).

Oh and that's laid an eye, Gok. Shockers has but one optic
    Fix'd