Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF Beast Hunters Episode 12 - Synthesis

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Liked it, though I don't get why Predaking didn't just transform when he was blasted out of the ship or against the door.

Ratchet's sudden change of mind was weird though. I was expecting him to go straight through with it, but it was pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As liegeprime said, the wind shear/slipstream would've blasted Predaking straight back, slamming him against the wing and throwing him behind the craft. Still... he could transform afterwards and try to catch up with the ship.
    I thought Predaking may have been stunned by the initial blast out of the door and then actually knocked out by slamming (his head?) against that wing of the Nemesis. But then again, he previously got up after having a mountain dropped on him, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Seeing Megatron stomp on him reminded me of the way Overlord stomped on Pipes in MTMTE.
    Oh yes the MTMTE scene was quite stirring... I was half expecting Ratchet to start breaking apart and all! Although he did see Megatron ahead before he got stomped... maybe he thought he could fancy manoeuvre his way around! I love the way that ambulance moved... I always believe that an Autobot should handle him/herself like no human could possibly drive, but this is something that's rarely shown.

Overall, more a bummer feel again for me as so many potentials were again neutralised... the big one being that we won't be getting a showdown on Cybertron. At least we can almost certainly expect Predaking back, and conjecture about the role he will play... probably will end up tipping the balance against Megatron.

Really didn't like how the whole aerial chase scene ended up being pretty much completely pointless, i.e. Ratchet's disabling of the cloak allowed the whole team to bridge onto the ship in the end. They could've spent the valuable time developing something else.

Knock-out is again awesome... 'they do make some nice looking automobiles!'... 'I'll just go fetch that little thing we were discussing'. I think the episodes this season where he had some role have been the better for it.

That sequence when the Autobots are walking into the ground bridge with Peter Cullen's voice over was cheesy, but somehow, I actually ended up liking it. Not sure what it is... maybe just the nostalgia of knowing that we are coming to the end of 3 years and 65 episodes. Yes, it's been up and down the whole time, and there have been disappointments, but I think when I look back at Transformers Prime and where it fits in this time of my life, it will be with fondness. No matter what happens next episode
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    THIS SEASON HAS BEEN SO FRICKEN GOOD! PLEASE DON'T END BECAUSE MICHAEL BAY IS MAKING ANOTHER MOVIE!
    They will. Animated Season 3 was getting good and they cut that series.

Beast Wars still firmly remains a much better written series IMHO, being a more character-driven story. Optimus Primal is very much a changed character by the end of BW S3 compared to how we saw him in S1, but TFP Optimus Prime is still essentially the same character^caricature now as he was in TFP S1. He is the Christ-like Saviour archetype -- infallible and immutable... a really dull "character." What makes heroes interesting aren't just their strengths, but also their weaknesses and also what drives and changes them as people. We saw this in Optimus Primal throughout the Beast Wars, but I'm just not seeing it in Optimus Prime who's meant to be the show's primary protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I hope Knock Out ends up like Bulkhead and gets carried into another continuity, he's too cool an original character to loose.
    Yeah but the character might completely change - may be for the better or worse. e.g. I see Animated and TFP Bulkhead as two completely different characters. I actually don't like Animated Bulkhead... the clumsy simpleton who just happens to be a space bridge genius . . . kay. I much prefer TFP Bulkhead; big and strong, but not an oaf... he's no genius but nor is he an idiot. He's a Wrecker - he wrecks. They did play the "let's make him a genius" in the T.M.I. ep, but that was with a Cosmic MacGuffin shoved in his head which would've eventually destroyed him.

So yeah... seeing Knock Out in another continuity might be good or bad... all depends on how he's portrayed. But it would be cool to see the core character concept (i.e. vain/arrogant Decepticon medic) being carried over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    I thought Predaking may have been stunned by the initial blast out of the door and then actually knocked out by slamming (his head?) against that wing of the Nemesis. But then again, he previously got up after having a mountain dropped on him, so who knows.
    He was in creature mode when the mountain was dropped on him... this time he was in his powered down robot mode. Not sure why he didn't transform to beast mode when taking on the Decepticons. He seemed to be able to access his higher mental/cognitive functions when he attacked Ratchet in beast mode (since Ratchet was able to reason with him).