Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My latest experience isn't the best advertisement for tfsource.com

bowspearer Guest

Default My latest experience isn't the best advertisement for tfsource.com

Didn't see this one coming, but now that I have, I'm not sure I'll be dealing with them again with how things currently stand with this. Thought it was worth giving people a heads up about, hence why I'm posting about it.

2 weeks ago, I triggered a shipment for my Stack on TFsource.

My stack contained:
    • 2x Masterpiece Clampdown +Coin
    • 1xTFCC Spinister
    • 1xTFCC Carzap
    • 1x Masterpiece Ironhide poseable hands
    • 1x Kamen Rider W Hensin Belt
    • 1x Kamen Rider Accel Henshin Belt

Firstly, for some weird reason Carzap wasn't included in the shipment at all, he isn't showing up on my stack and I've also received no dispatch email notification, meaning that he's essentially vanished into thin air.

The only reference to it being purchased by me which I can find is in my tfsource order history, as noted by this screengrab:

Secondly, My Masterpiece Ironhide hands weren't included, despite them clearly being not marked off on the packing sheet but the packing sheet being signed as both packed and checked.

In fact, here is a scan of the included packing slip with pertinent contact details covered up:

While the first mistake might be put down to a computer error, the second response is, at best, blatant staff negligence.

I emailed them as soon as I got a chance last night after receiving the package late yesterday afternoon, followed by a complaint to facebook.

When I woke up this morning, my facebook complaint had been removed, despite the only parts of it which could be taken as abusive were when I began by saying "You people are utterly hopeless!" and questioning whether they were employing trained monkeys in their warehouse - which is a reasonable question to ask given the blatant negligence by their staff in not only packing my order, but checking it; both are utterly tame in terms of customer complaints.

I'd chalk this all up to basic negligence and an accidental gaffe, where they would get back to me in good faith in 1-2 business days had my facebook complaint not also been deleted. Apparently it takes them 1-2 business days to respond to complaints with replies, yet in the space of less than 1 business day, they chose to respond to my complaint by deleting it from their facebook page - which has their conduct skating on the thin edge of fraud, with a side order of "up yours". When a company doesn't merely make mistakes, but then goes the extra step of trying to cover up those mistakes, then it doesn't make for a good look in terms of the ethics that company is adopting.

While it's a certainly not good that you have this issue, I can't say I agree with how you handled it. If you had been respectful when notifying them of the missing items (not all happy, you're allowed to be upset and express your disappointment, but not abusive) AND THEN your comments were deleted, then I'd be all for grabbing the pitchforks and torches.

Try posting your issue again in a better tone and see what happens.

I hope you get it soted.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hey Bowspearer

While I understand your frustration as I have been in a similar situation, I have found that you can catch more flies with honey (so to speak), so I agree with Trent's comment. Had you just pointed out that the order is incorrect (without the abuse) i am sure that your comment wouldn't have been deleted.

I hope this situation is sorted quickly and your missing figures are delivered safely.

bowspearer Guest

Just because a business doesn't like how a customer speaks to them doesn't give them the right to defraud them of goods (accidentally omitting part of an order is one thing, but when they then dismiss complaints and refuse to resolve the issue, then it becomes an intentional act of defrauding that customer).

Those two individual parts of my complaint may have been harsh, but they certainly weren't unjustified.

Firstly, there's the situation with Carzap. For some reason, someone got the "great idea" to separate it into a different order, not send a shipping notification and have it disappear from my private warehouse. That isn't simply a computer glitch; that's someone deliberately deciding to overcomplicate a situation then failing to follow through to avoid it turning into the cluster foul up they were choosing to put it at risk of being. I'd say that when that kind of behaviour happens within a company - not just making mistakes, but acting in a manner which increased the chance of mistakes being made and then doing nothing to avoid the inevitable problems it caused from happening - warrants saying that the company is hopeless.

Secondly, the issue with Ironhide's hands involved not one, but thee people signing off on an order, despite the marking on an order indicating that at least 1 person noted it wasn't there - yet it was still signed off on and shipped out. Given that apparently at least one person there can't tell the difference between when something has or hasn't been marked with an 'x', I'd assert that its entirely reasonable to question whether they were employing trained monkeys to pack and check their orders.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The customer is not always right, I am with Trent, just do it in a better tone and you get things sorted. Carry on giving crap, you get nothing or worse service.

I had a scratch on my dna design kit and just voice politely and was given a free replacement.

If I went with your tone, I get ignored.

To reiterate what others have said, you would get further if you were civil in your initial contact. Calling them utterly useless straight off the bat would automatically put anyone on the defensive. And if after a few attempts or without satisfactory resolution, then you could get the pitchforks lol.

But in the future, I would refrain from attacking them and their workers with your first message

Considering the order was placed on July 22nd, which is less than 2 weeks ago, you sure have a lot of built up anger over a mistake.

They deleted your post because your post was outright rude and disrespectful, not because they're covering anything up. If anything, dealing with your issue would probably get sat on for an extra day or 2 because of what you posted on facebook. Everyone makes mistakes. Maybe checker #2 was distracted for a moment and failed to confirm the missing ironhide hands before ticking it off. Maybe he got a call saying his wife was in labour so he scribbled some stuff on the paper, handballed it and left work in a rush. You cant judge without knowledge. If you bought a pair of size 10 shoes in store, and the person accidentally put 10.5 shoes in there, would you go back in store and yell and swear and call the staff monkeys and demand the right size, and STILL expect to be treated nicely? Because that's what you did, behind the safety of your keyboard.

Also, why the hell did you post a complaint to facebook without hearing from them first? What if a second box appears in the mail today or tomorrow, or hell even Friday with the remainder of your order, and they did that because it somehow worked out cheaper for them to post that way? Let me guess, you'd probably still complain that they didn't notify you that they were splitting the order into two shipments.

I feel sorry for people who have to suffer your imprudence.

I'll disclaimer this by saying I've never ordered from them or any US toy collector store - my strongish words are more a bewilderment of this scenario being a thing.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Considering the order was placed on July 22nd, which is less than 2 weeks ago, you sure have a lot of built up anger over a mistake.
    It wasn't just one mistake, but 2, where one mistake came about from things being made more complicated and not taking proper steps to prevent inevitable problems from happening. The second mistake was blatant carelessness. Funny how you and so many others here are quick to attack me over my 'tone', yet seem to have no problem with companies treating their customers disrespectfully.

They deleted your post because your post was outright rude and disrespectful, not because they're covering anything up.
    On the contrary, deleting a post without responding to it in any way, shape or form, could reasonably be taken as the company trying to cover up a mistake rather than addressing it. Furthermore the "I'm not dealing with my mistake because I don't like how I was spoken to" response is an absolute copout.

If anything, dealing with your issue would probably get sat on for an extra day or 2 because of what you posted on facebook.

Everyone makes mistakes.
    There are genuine mistakes and then there are careless mistakes; this was 2 such mistakes in one hit and it doesn't make for a great experience.

Maybe checker #2 was distracted for a moment and failed to confirm the missing ironhide hands before ticking it off. Maybe he got a call saying his wife was in labour so he scribbled some stuff on the paper, handballed it and left work in a rush.
    And that stopped him from doing a 10 second handover and 2 people in the line - the checker and the packer, missing it? Furthermore if there was no time for handover, what was stopping him from just leaving it unpacked and someone else taking over and rechecking everything to make sure there wasn't a mistake - given that one of the items clearly hadn't been marked with an "X". Even if there was a "person a in a rush" there's still a "person b" there who should have seen that one of the items clearly hadn't been marked off on the packing sheet and should have rectified the situation. The situation with the Ironhide hands isn't a solo error, it's a group one.

You cant judge without knowledge.
    Circumstances explain situations; they never excuse them. This wasn't one mistake; this was 2 mistakes where things were handled very poorly - in one case due to carelessness and in the other, due to them going about things in a way which complicated things and made it more open to mistakes.

If you bought a pair of size 10 shoes in store, and the person accidentally put 10.5 shoes in there, would you go back in store and yell and swear and call the staff monkeys and demand the right size, and STILL expect to be treated nicely? Because that's what you did, behind the safety of your keyboard.
    Furthermore, if they took issue with my tone or choice of words, what I would expect is for them to assertively disagree with them while honouring their ethical and legal responsibilities and fixing the problem - I say that as someone who has been on both ends of that scenario and having dealt with far worse on the other side of the fence.

Also, why the hell did you post a complaint to facebook without hearing from them first?
    You mean besides to flag it as a multi-screw-up issue that needed to be acted on in a timely manner.

What if a second box appears in the mail today or tomorrow, or hell even Friday with the remainder of your order, and they did that because it somehow worked out cheaper for them to post that way? Let me guess, you'd probably still complain that they didn't notify you that they were splitting the order into two shipments.
    In the few times I have dealt with TF Source, every single shipment has had a shipping notification and a tracking number attached to each item. The only record I can find of it lists no shipping method and no tracking number, even in their records. That means there's a 99.99999% change that the order has been marked as shipped, but there has been no actual shipment.

If by some minor miracle the second order did turn up, I would leave feedback (not complain) because it would mean their dispatch systems have a bug which needs rectifying. Apparently though, that would be 'unreasonable' to you.

I feel sorry for people who have to suffer your imprudence.
    At this point, I really couldn't care less what you feel.

My latest experience isn't the best advertisement for bowspearer

These things are annoying but sadly happen. The only thing I have to add is that many companies (even larger ones) will delete Facebook comments that don't paint them in a good light. For example we had a comment deleted from the page of Oz Design Furniture (it was merely a statement of facts) but we only posted it after we had tried extensively to resolve our issue with the particular store involved.