Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm appearing a bit early at US TRU

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't done an exchange, or at very least submitted a request for a replacement head, as you clearly feel that they've provided you with a product that does not match its description.
    i have. with RobotKingdom. in May.

it took them a month to reply and then they asked for my address which i gave and a month later i sent another email asking what had happened? and this is after the whole issue with them sending it to the wrong address in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    If i may, TJ

You can read the SDCC 2012 interview here
    Doesn't look like Hasbro have made any inroads towards licensing since.

I wasn't thinking of 2012, my bad. Just the 2013 ones where there was sadly no comments one way or the other.

Although I will say, to me it just sounds like they were commenting that Hasbro have to get a separate license than Takara, but not that they had tried to get it and got shot down.

Maybe its just me, but I view it as Hasbro hasn't put any major effort or plans into releasing the car MP's, rather than they can't or aren't able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorns2010 View Post
    Hasbro hasn't put any major effort or plans into releasing the car MP's, rather than they can't or aren't able to.
    well takara only needed to get a license for the japanese market which most people imported from anyway whereas hasbro would have to get a worldwide license which i think would cost more.

any sane person would say hey! those MP cars are awesome and have a tonne of redeco potential but then you go to your local stores and see all those wave 1/2 Transformers shelf warming and go 'ohhh..... yeah -_-'

hasbro just don't know (or want to) how to create demand like the japanese market does.

Maybe its just me, but I view it as Hasbro hasn't put any major effort or plans into releasing the car MP's, rather than they can't or aren't able to.
    Hasbro don't put a major effort into releasing any Masterpieces at all -- at least, not in terms of developing new moulds. Essentially all they do is adapt Tak(TOM) MPs for their market; it's more of a reactive rather than proactive approach. Ditto G1 reissues.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I am under the impression that Takara has the licensing so this would not be an issue. I am surprised that there are issues, as it wouldn't be made if that was the case. Pretty sure Nissan wouldn't be an issue. but oh well I am not going into this as the cars are not my priority anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Different companies. Takara obtaining a vehicle licence has nothing to do with Hasbro. Hasbro need to obtain their own licence. And because that will cost them money, they are not interested.
    Yeah, but just wait for an MP Tracks, I would think Chevrolet would be all over that. (I would too, come on takara)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    If i may, TJ

You can read the SDCC 2012 interview here
    Doesn't look like Hasbro have made any inroads towards licensing since.
    Appreciated muchly, thank you.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

[QUOTE=tinyJazz;371074]Yeah, but just wait for an MP Tracks, I would think Chevrolet would be all over that. (I would too, come on takara)
    QUOTE]

I wouldn't think is hard, from the view that I seen Binaltech series.
    In honestly they are asking for old design car copyrights, not the current cars. I am surprised that VW will allow bumble bee and turned down in earlier binaltech series.

Then again, is all money, I wouldn't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hasbro don't put a major effort into releasing any Masterpieces at all -- at least, not in terms of developing new moulds. Essentially all they do is adapt Tak(TOM) MPs for their market; it's more of a reactive rather than proactive approach. Ditto G1 reissues.
    Found it strange when there is Acid Storm and Takara doesn't have.

I wasn't thinking of 2012, my bad. Just the 2013 ones where there was sadly no comments one way or the other.

Although I will say, to me it just sounds like they were commenting that Hasbro have to get a separate license than Takara, but not that they had tried to get it and got shot down.

You are with me dude, from my view, the toy is made and ready, just needed a new box and permission to sell.

If you technically ask me, I think this is one that Hasbro and Takara should have worked hand in hand, thus making the mould more useful than only a one sided product. Again, not my call, and is just a productive view of a toy which I felt it was shared between the two companies. after all it is Transformers.

Hasbro doesn't have a Sunstorm & Takara doesn't have a Thundercracker in the new moulds either

That's not a new mould as Gok said. All Hasbro do are repaints and accessories.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain