Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eBay USA thoughts, comments and feedback

update:

2nd ebay auction for the SDCC 2013 Metroplex seller has reverted to me and he/ she will be posting out the item.... so its fingers crossed for the long journey here to Perth, Australia

1st ebay auction for SDCC 2013 Metroplex - issue has been escalated to a dispute claim and ebay will only look at it on the 6 August for seller to respond... if not... hopefully the money will be refunded with ease...

I've been buying a bit on eBay as of late. Normally I only buy from sellers with thousands of positive feedbacks left but I have bought from a couple of newer sellers.

The established big guys are normally prompt to post, give tracking numbers and say to let them know if there are any problems. The little guys seem to take their time posting, don't always give tracking and I never hear anything from them. On top of that I had a guy over charge me on postage by 50%.

I think of eBay as a minefield but if you stick to the big sellers with 99% or better positive feedback you minimize the risk.

Update
    2nd seller has posted the item and provided the tracking number.

1st seller has not responded to eBay claim yet and given 5 August to revert if not claim will be refunded to me. Which is good as usd has strengthen against aud so might get more back.

Update
    1st seller never responded to eBay enquiry and eBay had refunded the money after 10 calendar days from the date of claim being escalated to a dispute.
    Left a very negative feedback on the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    Update
    1st seller never responded to eBay enquiry and eBay had refunded the money after 10 calendar days from the date of claim being escalated to a dispute.
    Left a very negative feedback on the seller.
    Well at least you got your money back man.... it so annoying when they do that .. i dont know how they think they can get away with it..?

Yeah I am puzzled as to why people do it on eBay as the protection policy on it is really strict. Oh well lets move on.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Well at least you got your money back man.... it so annoying when they do that .. i dont know how they think they can get away with it..?

Glad you got your money back nexusnixx

My last couple of ebay experiences (as a whole) from the US have not been so good and I'll clarify that it has not been anything to do with the sellers so much (the last one partially but I'll get to that below) as they have communicated quickly with questions and tracking numbers and sent the items in a reasonable amount of time etc. It's more about the time to arrive and condition of the item when it arrives (maybe I should be pointing the finger more at USPS than ebay )
    I had purchased a TF of a US ebay seller a few months ago and it took just over a month to get here instead of the usual 2-2 1/2 weeks (priority mail). The seller informed me that he had found out from USPS (apparently after getting very angry at the phone operator and getting to speak to the manager ) that it had gone via Canada before eventually finding its way back to Aus.
    My most recent US ebay purchase was an SDCC epic conclusion pack. It only took about two weeks to get her but did the grand tour of the US prior (it started in LA went to Cincinnati, hopped around in that area for a while then back to Oakland CA (switched from USPS to fed ex along the way) stopped over in Honolulu before finally getting to me here...

Finally my question for you guys....
    Should I leave negative feedback to the seller for the SDCC figure set or Neutral at the very least??
    The reason is this...yes the seller had great communication and sent the item quickly but he only wrapped the box in large scale bubble wrap then modified another box to fit snugly around the SDCC box leaving no room for movement (shock absorption etc) also meaning any damage done to the outside box was also incurred to the inside box resulting in the beautiful artwork on the front of the SDCC box looking like a piece of corrugated iron The toys inside were not damaged thank god...Oh and by the way the seller did write on the outside box in marker pen "fragile please do not crush" with a big smiley face which IMO just made it a bigger target
    So do I do a Jim Carey and "bend over and take it up the tailpipe" or ask for a partial refund or just leave some sort of negative feedback?? What would you guys do??

Message the seller first and see if they'll come to a compromise. It's pretty unfair to leave negative feedback for someone who held up their end of the bargain, even if the packing was less than iron clad.

I often leave a message with the paypal transaction warning them that Australia Post are a bit rough and please allow for some extra padding, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post

My last couple of ebay experiences (as a whole) from the US have not been so good and I'll clarify that it has not been anything to do with the sellers so much (the last one partially but I'll get to that below) as they have communicated quickly with questions and tracking numbers and sent the items in a reasonable amount of time etc. It's more about the time to arrive and condition of the item when it arrives (maybe I should be pointing the finger more at USPS than ebay )
    I had purchased a TF of a US ebay seller a few months ago and it took just over a month to get here instead of the usual 2-2 1/2 weeks (priority mail). The seller informed me that he had found out from USPS (apparently after getting very angry at the phone operator and getting to speak to the manager ) that it had gone via Canada before eventually finding its way back to Aus.
    My most recent US ebay purchase was an SDCC epic conclusion pack. It only took about two weeks to get her but did the grand tour of the US prior (it started in LA went to Cincinnati, hopped around in that area for a while then back to Oakland CA (switched from USPS to fed ex along the way) stopped over in Honolulu before finally getting to me here...

Should I leave negative feedback to the seller for the SDCC figure set or Neutral at the very least??
    The reason is this...yes the seller had great communication and sent the item quickly but he only wrapped the box in large scale bubble wrap then modified another box to fit snugly around the SDCC box leaving no room for movement (shock absorption etc) also meaning any damage done to the outside box was also incurred to the inside box resulting in the beautiful artwork on the front of the SDCC box looking like a piece of corrugated iron The toys inside were not damaged thank god...Oh and by the way the seller did write on the outside box in marker pen "fragile please do not crush" with a big smiley face which IMO just made it a bigger target
    So do I do a Jim Carey and "bend over and take it up the tailpipe" or ask for a partial refund or just leave some sort of negative feedback?? What would you guys do??

hmmmmm... i will seek via messaging the seller first on possible refunds rather than putting down the ratings (cannot be changed once it is made - and it might end up as a slug flight).... message the seller and see whether he/she is agreeable to a partial refund (re: shipping cost)

Taking a look at from the seller point of view , He actually did everything right , unless you stated to him to pack it extra carefully . The sdcc box is really big so it would have been very hard to get a box that matches the same dimension. He actually wrap it in bubble wrap and sent the item to you .