Thread: Like Anime/Stuff? Want to help with a short film? (Extras/Props request)

Default Like Anime/Stuff? Want to help with a short film? (Extras/Props request)

ATTENTION, MELBOURNE PEOPLE <3

I'm currently studying a film production course in Footscray, and I'm doing a short film as part of my assessment in roughly two weeks. Not to give away too much but I'm doing something about someone who is fairly intensely nerd (to the extent of socially isolating himself and vlogging about how proud he is about it), and I was wondering if you guys maybe wanted to help out.

Firstly I'm looking for anyone who can spare any anime wallscrolls, posters, toy/statues in and out of boxes (Transformer reissues can do, though I'm hoping for more general anime-esque stuff), and importantly at least one general 'anime girl' statue, ideally in some kind of 'sexy' pose, that you don't mind being held by someone. Upmost care and respect will be taken with your belongings, and they will not be needed for more than a day. We can arrange pickup and return on the same day if you're in the greater Melbourne area. This will be either the 14th or 15th of August (Wednesday or Thursday). It will be in West Footscray, so anything we can source from around there would be beautiful.

Secondly, I'm looking for extras for a sequence where the main character is at a screening of an anime. It will be two sequences, filmed back to back (but taking place on different days), where the main character is watching an (incredibly poorly produced, almost insultingly so) anime version of The Wire crossed over with Cars and Les Miserables. If you have any awkward/nerdy clothes, for anime/games/minecraft/memes/whatever else that would be really great, and we can feed you snacks and sandwiches on the day. It would be for a few hours (more specific times to be confirmed as it's a bit of a rush right now) on the 16th of August (Friday).

As it is a student film all I can really promise you is food, a copy of the film once finished (if interested) and a credit. Still, if this is something you or your friends would be interested in participating in, I'd love to hear from you, so feel free to send me a message.

If you have any other questions, please let me know

Sorry can't really help but this anime version of The Wire crossed over with Cars and Les Miserable sounds AMAZING! I'd like to watch this

You would probably get a far better response contacting a melbourne anime or video gaming club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Sorry can't really help but this anime version of The Wire crossed over with Cars and Les Miserable sounds AMAZING! I'd like to watch this
    More than happy to show you if you're available on the 16th of August YOU CAN BE AN ENTHUSIASTIC AUDIENCE MEMBER!

You would probably get a far better response contacting a melbourne anime or video gaming club.
    Good call! I figured it'd be worth asking here, but that's a great suggestion Thanks heaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    More than happy to show you if you're available on the 16th of August YOU CAN BE AN ENTHUSIASTIC AUDIENCE MEMBER!
    Where in Footscray? It's a work day but I should be able to flexi-time my way out of it with the number of weekends I've done recently. PM me the details if you like.

Where in Footscray? It's a work day but I should be able to flexi-time my way out of it with the number of weekends I've done recently. PM me the details if you like.
    Sure! In the next few days

+1, I thoroughly enjoyed The Wire, best drama/crime show ever.