Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what to do with the scalpers?

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    LOL. less Negatrons, more Optimist Primes.

The amount of Aussie Sellers listing ‘NEW’ TLK Voyagers for $40+ (some as high as $76!) is outrageous!

Never mind us collectors. How many struggling families who can’t afford decent pressies for their kids at Xmas could have benefitted from picking up a big Optimus Prime for $5 - a lot that’s how many!

Scum! Pure scum!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    The amount of Aussie Sellers listing ‘NEW’ TLK Voyagers for $40+ (some as high as $76!) is outrageous!

Never mind us collectors. How many struggling families who can’t afford decent pressies for their kids at Xmas could have benefitted from picking up a big Optimus Prime for $5 - a lot that’s how many!

Scum! Pure scum!
    Saw your fb post, absolutely right dude these f***wits will sell anything to make a buck
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Scum! Pure scum!
    The jokes on them Trev. No one is ever going to pay that.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The jokes on them Trev. No one is ever going to pay that.
    we can only hope, but these figures, especially scorn and Nitro have always been hard to find.
    I hope they get stuck with loads of figures they can't move but it's likely they will sell more than enough to cover any expense they've had grabbing up all this stock.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

TLK toys didn't sell well at retail at all... the only reason they are selling now is because they are heavily discounted. These scalpers will not be able to move these... I will be enjoying watching these items sit there for a long time

Not exactly scalpers but definitely karma related:

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...e82374c6f4017d
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Got so annoyed about the whole situation wrote a blog about it HERE

I'm gobsmacked people would be attempting to buy up and scalp the $5 transformers.
    I have been too bogged down with puppy, kids end of year stuff and MIL but I had been hoping to go and score a few of them to put into wishing trees and the like as I used to donate Transformers to children's charities in HK too; I love the idea of giving less fortunate kids 2 toys in one and hopefully a little inspiration as well.

The problem, I guess, is that scalpers don't care about other people as they are blinded by $$. I have had one encounter with a US scalper online who was proud of what he did. It scared me the rabid desire and pride he had for wiping out stores of stock and how territorial he was. Their mentality bewilders me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I'm gobsmacked people would be attempting to buy up and scalp the $5 transformers.
    I have been too bogged down with puppy, kids end of year stuff and MIL but I had been hoping to go and score a few of them to put into wishing trees and the like as I used to donate Transformers to children's charities in HK too; I love the idea of giving less fortunate kids 2 toys in one and hopefully a little inspiration as well.

The problem, I guess, is that scalpers don't care about other people as they are blinded by $$. I have had one encounter with a US scalper online who was proud of what he did. It scared me the rabid desire and pride he had for wiping out stores of stock and how territorial he was. Their mentality bewilders me.