Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Warbotron Not Bruticus revealed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whew. damn i like this a lot. where do i even start?

the headsculpt is amazing and the details are top notch.
    articulation looks really good with little to no obstructions
    3 sets of weapons! this looks like a really fun toy to play with. i think the last one i really enjoyed was MMCs tantrum. (the TT datsuns were really good too but they had less weapons to mess with)
    all in all a very nice update to g1 blastoff.
    Last edited by kaiden; 31st January 2014 at 03:40 AM.

Nice think I may be selling my FP Bruticus to help fund this.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Nice think I may be selling my FP Bruticus to help fund this.
    I think there will be a lot of this happening, This just looks too good

Vortex Blastoff looks good, especially robot mode. Surface of the alt mode looks too busy for my liking though. Most likely give this a miss but if this is a better size match to Intimidator and Green Giant than BruteMax + Crossfire upgrades that decision may change.
    Last edited by CBratron; 1st February 2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Did I say Vortex? What the hell was I thinking?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I also share the sentiment that they are a little too 'TFC' in which they don't really fit either CHUG lines or Masterpiece.

Indeed they don't immediately slot in to an existing line, but they do look pretty impressive.

I see no reason at all this guy would not fit into the CHUG line. His made up space shuttle alt mode is totally CHUG. From the minute I saw the grey prototypes it was obvious they weren't MP style though.

Interesting that the robot mode looks like a slightly improved TFC bot mode, while the alt mode is inferior. I quite like the finished colour scheme, however I'm not about to abandon my existing FP Blast-off. IF they want me to get this the're going to have to show me an impressive Brawl, Onslaught and Vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I see no reason at all this guy would not fit into the CHUG line. His made up space shuttle alt mode is totally CHUG. From the minute I saw the grey prototypes it was obvious they weren't MP style though.

Interesting that the robot mode looks like a slightly improved TFC bot mode, while the alt mode is inferior. I quite like the finished colour scheme, however I'm not about to abandon my existing FP Blast-off. IF they want me to get this the're going to have to show me an impressive Brawl, Onslaught and Vortex.
    They seem too big to be CHUG unless they are smaller than TFC.

That's a REALLY nice alt mode. Love the colours as well.

That looks bloody good. I'm seeing a nice "FP" style polished finish to it, which I'm really liking. Prices are quite reasonable in comparison to 3P releases these days.

Gosh if I still had my FP Bruticus I'd be in two minds as to whether or not to get this set. FP Bruticus is a phenomenal piece, although the individual modes are lacking because of the 3 original limbs