Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Warbotron Not Bruticus revealed

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    They seem too big to be CHUG unless they are smaller than TFC.
    From previous pics that have been shown, they appear to be the size of MP Sideswipe, so around voyager size. This makes sense of course given he turns into a freaking shuttle and all the other Combaticons turn into largeish vehicles. Of course that makes him way too big compared to the FP Combaticons and Stunticons, who by said same scale are also not scaled to fit in CHUG correctly, as the only existing official Stunticons and Combaticons are Deluxe and Ultra scale. Therefore by the only official indicators we have the FP combiners are too small. meanwhile we have CHUG toys like Silverbolt and Onslaught who are HUGE! SO I vehemently dispute the existence of a CHUG scale with which to disqualify this toy. As I see it there is no scale in CHUG at all only a lot of toys who are a little too big, or a little to small.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    That looks bloody good. I'm seeing a nice "FP" style polished finish to it, which I'm really liking. Prices are quite reasonable in comparison to 3P releases these days.

Gosh if I still had my FP Bruticus I'd be in two minds as to whether or not to get this set. FP Bruticus is a phenomenal piece, although the individual modes are lacking because of the 3 original limbs
    Not sure about the FP polish, the alt mode is a bit lacking, and it's hard to tell plastic quality from pics alone. I'd be interested to see what it looks like in person though, and I must admit this is an impressive first piece for a new company.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    From previous pics that have been shown, they appear to be the size of MP Sideswipe, so around voyager size. This makes sense of course given he turns into a freaking shuttle and all the other Combaticons turn into largeish vehicles. Of course that makes him way too big compared to the FP Combaticons and Stunticons, who by said same scale are also not scaled to fit in CHUG correctly, as the only existing official Stunticons and Combaticons are Deluxe and Ultra scale. Therefore by the only official indicators we have the FP combiners are too small. meanwhile we have CHUG toys like Silverbolt and Onslaught who are HUGE! SO I vehemently dispute the existence of a CHUG scale with which to disqualify this toy. As I see it there is no scale in CHUG at all only a lot of toys who are a little too big, or a little to small.
    As far as CHUG combiners go most people would argue that Giant is the correct scale to use.

I personally couldn't care less. I quite happily mix TFC combiners with MT/FP combiners. Although it is interesting that this scale dispute (which is also happening on other boards) doesn't seem to apply to MMC's Predaking, of which the individual bots appear to be the same size as Warbotron's.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Classy packaging, and I love the toys' size.

The 3rd party stuff that is about CHUG size are all a little out but Green Giant and Intimidator are close enough for me. Some CHUG bots aren't even in scale to other CHUG bots (Why is Starscream, a jet, the same size as Jazz, a car?)This guy, although looking awesome, appears too big for me for one reason that he appears as big or bigger than Predaking (all of the 3rd party ones). To me, combiners are big but Predaking is HUGE. I want my Predaking to tower over every other combiner and if this baby was in my collection he would not. That's the main reason I won't buy him. He seems more MP scale to me (but not MP style obviously).
    Spiderken Away!

Exactly, there is no CHUG scale, only personal scale. I can live with toys being out of my preferred scale if the're good toys. Toys like Generations Galvatron on the other hand which are both small and uninspiring however is a different story. This guy may be a bit big compared to the FP Stunticons, and Generations Starscream, but he will look ok next to some of my Autobot cars, and TFC's Uranos, and he does seem to have a bit of clout. So I
    m not going to ignore him just because of his size. That said I'm still far from sold. They should have released Brawl or Onslaught first if they really wanted my money.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    They seem too big to be CHUG unless they are smaller than TFC.
    I found these size comparison pics, hopefully this helps your decision:

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    I found these size comparison pics, hopefully this helps your decision:
    Awesome, thank you! This gives me a better idea of their individual size although Bruticus is huge.

So glad I pre-ordered Warbotron.

I think I will need to sell my FP Bruticus

peaugh's review of Air Burst / Blast Off

After watching that, I'm not impressed with the backpack and the arm mode. Looking forward to seeing how the other 4 turn out though.

I like this project, but I have nowhere to put a combiner this big.

Shame as it looks cool.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain