View Poll Results: IDW's (non GI Joe) Transformer Crossover Comics - any good!

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep - they were all great!

0 0%
  • Some were good, some were shocking

2 40.00%
  • They should just stick to crossing over with GI Joe

1 20.00%
  • They should NEVER do Transformer Crossover Comics!

2 40.00%

Thread: IDW Transformer Crossover Comics (non-GI Joe)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default IDW Transformer Crossover Comics

Reviews of the IDW Transformer Crossover Comics.

New Avengers/Transformers
    Somewhat lacklustre for a concept that had true potential. The one thing was that it showcased was The Transformers being superior to Earths mightiest heroes and villains in most every way. Hell, it took two seconds for a 3rd tier grunt like Runabout to take out Spiderman and then even being attacked by Iron Man & Wolverine couldn’t take the Battlecharger down for good! Humans are lame! Set in the main continuity, the only thing it contributed to the cannon was setting up the idea that Ramjet had plans to take out Megatron (which he then failed at spectacularly in his Spotlight). Pretty much it was Autobots vs Decepticons with a bunch of super humans getting in the way. Go back and read the adventures of Gears and Spiderman from the 80’s if you want something marginally better.

Infestation
    Vampire Zombies from another dimension turn up and attack the Transformers in Las Vegas. Let me repeat that:

Vampire Zombies from another dimension attack the Transformers in Las Vegas.

That line alone should get people interested! Set in the main continuity and the writers made a real effort to incorporate storylines such as Galvatron trying to recruit an army and Kup’s repressed memories. I liked how a few expendable Sweeps also got turned into zombies but losing Kup at the end was a disappointing way to end such a memorable character. Having the Transformers all remember a non-existent Decepticon was a good way to introduce the main antagonist. Overall very good, after reading them I even went and got the Ghostbusters Infestation comics as well.

Infestation 2
    Set in the ‘Hearts of Steel’ Transformers continuity. The revival of that continuity was about the only positive thing to say about these comics, except that Ironhide transforming from a gun turret was very cool. A very lacklustre crossover – the Transformers were all very one dimensional, the tentacle monster bad guys were boring and they missed out on a great opportunity to have the Seacons make an appearance. Took me ages to track down these comics, wish I hadn’t bothered.

Mars Attacks The Transformers
    Set in the 1984 cartoon universe. Very short, very kitch and very funny! A shrunken Megatron attacking Starscream’s face while Starscream runs about screaming “Get him off me!” was hilarious and they even managed to work Spike’s choice of footwear into the plot! Certainly not a read for your overly serious Transformers fan, but very fun and great to see Cosmos’ alt-mode serve a ‘robots in disguise’ purpose. Just wish it had been longer but still one I will reread now and then for a quick chuckle.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 16th August 2013 at 02:08 PM.