Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animated Voyager Blitzwing Review

Reading your reviews almost makes me want to have a go myself, almost but not quite as you do far to good a job for me to try and hurt my brain, well done again Kurdt another 10 bleat review.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    I want this guy because I love the character.

Same here I really enjoy his character. Thankfully I've heard lots of the same things about this toy so I know I wont be too let down but I'll be displaying him in robot mode anyway.

Great review, and I have to agree with you on everything you wrote, the alt modes by themselves aren't overly terrible, but the poor execution really lets the figure down in both tank and jet modes.

And I also have the same problem with the head turning gimmick, I dont even bother with the dial anymore, just turn the head with my fingers.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Reading your reviews almost makes me want to have a go myself, almost but not quite as you do far to good a job for me to try and hurt my brain, well done again Kurdt another 10 bleat review.
    Not to mention you'd actually have to open your toys right? And possibly clean up the room for good photo opportunities!

Whenvever I see animated Blitzwing he reminds me of Man-E-Faces from He-man. To bad Matel owns He-man or wecould have had him repainted for the crossover line.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Mmmmm, bit of a letdown really. Jet undercarriage is really ticking me off over the last few years, and this one just looks like a fast tank.

I'll have to say though, yes, the robot mode rocks, but the other two arn't that great.

I have a G1 blitzwing, and yea, the g1 tank and jet are really much better than this one, but this ones robot craps all over the g1 robot for sure.

So I'd have to say if I got this toy, it would be to have the "perfect" blitzwing, (this and the g1 toy).
    ________
    Vaporizer Manufacturers
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 10:08 AM.

I'd just like to say I like the tank treads on the jet mode. It looks cool in a bizarre way.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    I have a G1 blitzwing, and yea, the g1 tank and jet are really much better than this one, but this ones robot craps all over the g1 robot for sure.
    Look at it in context though - by 1985 standards I'd say that G1 Blitzwing was a pretty darn good toy. Amongst all the G1 Triple Changers Blitzwing is my favourite. Ono Koujin (the dude who designed most G1 TFs, including the triple changers) himself considers Blitzwing and Astrotrain to be his best works. Judging from these pictures, Animated Blitzwing doesn't come off as being the acme of triple-changing Transformers by 2008 standards.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    So I'd have to say if I got this toy, it would be to have the "perfect" blitzwing, (this and the g1 toy).
    Animated and Blitzwing are the perfect Blitzwings... yeah man, they're the only Blitzwings!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    I'd just like to say I like the tank treads on the jet mode. It looks cool in a bizarre way.
    Heh, I agree. The jet mode does look like the cooler of the two alt modes. That tank mode looks like fail. :/ (Armada Megatron's tank mode looks better than that IMO!)

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Not to mention you'd actually have to open your toys right? And possibly clean up the room for good photo opportunities!
    Yes yes clean the room. I filled up about 4 or 5 large bin bags with bubbles opening a lot of the ones that are up on the shelves, will do the same to the rest. There are certain items I keep all the packaging for but in general to save space now I just keep the backing cards. 2000 posts WOOHOO

ohhh the transformation of the alt vehicle modes is definitely difficult and doesn't really stay in place due to design faults. there's no real clips to lock features in and they tend to move around during transformation.

i've given up transforming him so far but i've came up with a better pic of him in Guardian mode (half plane, half robot)... *keke* pics up later as i'm like most of us are still stuck in the office (slaving away mindlessly)

[edit - added pic]

Last edited by iceburn; 24th July 2008 at 10:22 PM.