Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member from Sydney

Default New member from Sydney

Hey guys, Ethan here.

Been lurking the forums for a while and decided to finally join and be apart of this fantastic community. Prior to this I've been heavily involved in collecting Marvel (mainly universe) figures. After looking at some member collection pics Transformers are way too cool not to get into! That said, I'm just wondering which toyline to begin with. Deluxe and above classed figures are appealing, so would it be best to dip into the Generations line?

Hi Ethan, welcome to ozformers! So you don't have any transformers already?

I'm a big fan of the earlier Universe 2.0 deluxes, but they might be a bit hard to track down these days. I feel that, in comparison, the current run of generations figures (Fall of Cybertron) are a little weaker in engineering. Although, I think the deluxe size is still pretty enjoyable. Have a poke around the review forum to see what people think of them.
    Definitely pick up voyager Springer if you're a fan of the aesthetic. You can probably still grab one off Amazon for close to what he'd retail for here.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Megatron Guest

Hi and welcome!

Hi and welcome.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Welcome aboard

Go to your local stores, see what you like -- if so, buy.

Mabuhay and welcome to the forum!

If your into playing with them but don't wanna spend too much dough, theres always the legion class and Cyberverse ones... they could be lots of fun especially when they come in playsets, then just grab one of the larger ones for a base and have fun!

Try and get the more current release first so you don't end up chasing after it when it's not available on the shelves anymore coz they do get pretty expensive especially for in demand figures.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thanks for the welcome guys! Great pics too - fuelling the desire even more haha. I must also add I'm primarily an MOC/MISB collector...so dipping into transformers and opening them is something different and I'm rather nervous - are there many MOC Transformers collectors out there? tinyJazz, Springer's one of the ones that got me into this! I'm actually just about to put an order through BBTS to add to an already existing POL haha..

There are some here who are MISB,MISC,MOSC collectors... just keep looking at the collections thread (Grapple's section) and youll notice a couple of em are. eg. 5FDP comes to mind atm. I am not one though... although I do have some still in their boxes sealed... most are free from their prisons

Springer's a good start for your collection. Grab Sandstorm too, though of the same mould it's totally awesome a figure with an unofficial 4th mode made by someone on facebook (not me)

now he really is an all terrain bot - air, land and sea

BTW we'd love to see your collection of Marvel stuff just make a thread in the all other toys section. I only have a few ML and MU figures , coz Im more of a DCUC collector. Cheers!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]