Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading/recommend a book

i love reading but not novels tho. the last novel i read was the pillars of the earth. it's a really good book. i usually read books of warplanes, naval ships and tanks.

If you're into the Chili Peppers I recommend the book Scar Tissue by the lead singer Anthony Kiedis. For Guns n' Roses fans I recommend W.A.R.: The Unauthorized Biography of William Axl Rose by Mick Wall (yeah that's the guy mentioned in Get in the ring).

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Tron View Post
    If you're into the Chili Peppers I recommend the book Scar Tissue by the lead singer Anthony Kiedis.
    Quite a few people have recommended that book to me. I must get around to reading it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I want to so badly recommend fanfics, but I'll refrain from saying so.

Instead, I've got some good books that are extremely worth reading on my Kindle. If these books still exist, then definitely The Animals of Farthing Wood, The Silver Brumby, The Wings of Fire series, and the Whalesong Trilogy.

Fantastic books! Although my favourite has to be the Penrose series by Tony Ballantyne. Actual books include: Twisted Metal and Blood and Iron. Science fiction with actual sentient robots on another planet called Penrose. It's a little difficult to read, but it's gorgeous!

Currently bouncing between R.L. Stine's - "The Curse of The Mummy's Tomb" and H.P. Lovecraft's - "The Necronomicon" , whenever I actually sit down and read that is.
    (I'm one of these people who need a comfortable seat and 100% peace & quiet before I can read a book - Surgery & glasses helped out too )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Currently bouncing between R.L. Stine's - "The Curse of The Mummy's Tomb" and H.P. Lovecraft's - "The Necronomicon" , whenever I actually sit down and read that is.
    (I'm one of these people who need a comfortable seat and 100% peace & quiet before I can read a book - Surgery & glasses helped out too )
    Oh I enjoy Lovecraft's stuff, but haven't read much except for The Colour Out of Space, and At the Mountains of Madness (I think those are the titles anyway).

I also really enjoy history, so am currently reading Slaying the Dragons: Destroying Myths in the History of Science and Faith (cf. http://www.amazon.com/Slaying-Dragon...ng+the+dragons)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Tron View Post
    If you're into the Chili Peppers I recommend the book Scar Tissue by the lead singer Anthony Kiedis. For Guns n' Roses fans I recommend W.A.R.: The Unauthorized Biography of William Axl Rose by Mick Wall (yeah that's the guy mentioned in Get in the ring).
    I read WAR, thought it was great. I'm reading Slash's auto bio now. Also reading Life in Outer Space. It's great so far.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I've just finished "The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August" by Claire North. I loved this book, it's been ages since I found a book I couldn't put down. Would strongly recommend it.

It's kind of a time travel book. Best comparison would be the movies Groundhog Day or Edge of Tomorrow -- but with the character living his whole lifetime multiple times rather than a day or two. She's created a very interesting and mind stretching universe that has made me think about life and death and legacy. If you're looking for a scifi book to read give this one a chance.

If you want something with magic but no ridiculous wands, read the Skulduggery Pleasant series. Everything about it just oozes style and the story is incredible. I legitimately forgot about other people in favor of reading them.
    I'd also recommend the "GONE" series (like under the dome, but waaaaay cooler) and the Alex Rider series (mini James Bond, essentially).

I read alot of military stuff... bios n historic WW2 stuff.

American sniper is an awesome read along with SAS sniper, most of what i read is Australian stuff and pretty much anything SAS related.

If anyone has read any military stuff let me know.... i might not have got on to it.