Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soapbox IV: Top 10 Characters of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hmmm agree on most except Hotshot. Oh and everytime I see the Armada version, i just cant help but think of Grimlock13's "special" Hotshot, such a retard heheheheheh
    They are pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Cant think of a character to put or recommend for that slot though....
    What? Even a sparkling, minty brand new Overlord courtesy of the oh-so generous Pulse couldn't prompt you?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    What? Even a sparkling, minty brand new Overlord courtesy of the oh-so generous Pulse couldn't prompt you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post

You have no sense of charity.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I'd swap out Hotshot with Skyfire, and it's not just the Macross thing....

Whenever I have discussions with people about Transformers (looooong before I came to this board) I always get asked when 'they' are going to re-release Jey/Skyfire cos he was such a cool character and toy.

I was mildly suprise Dinobot didn't make the list as well... hmmm... maybe as an honorable mention, yeah, he would have liked that..
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I don't mind Hotshot in your top 10 even though he annoyed me in Armada, if I replaced him I would guess Ironhide would be my choice. You need you ever dependable stalwart.

I agree with pretty much everyone on that list, except the respective placings of Bumblebee and Starscream. Starscream has been in essentially every TF continuaty (except RiD) ever, whereas Bumblebee has only been in three.

In my opinion, Devastator is also memorable because the character is so ironic. You have construction vehicles turning into an engine of destruction.

Wheelie should make the number 10 spot for being The Most Annoying Transformer Of All Time. He is important because he sucks.
    Last edited by SilverDragon; 23rd July 2008 at 12:46 PM.

I have to agree with 9 out of 10 of the list.

Hot Shot is a decent choice, but I do not think he has had the time (or will have the time) to grow in importance to the series thanks to the general feeling that Armada was a bad series (only the first half was bad!).

Perhaps in another 10 years when the people who grew up watching Armada and Energon will see him as a more iconic character, but for now he does seem more like a background player.

Dinobot is a popular character from the BW series, and would probably make a good choice for #10, he seems to be the iconic character (along with Cheetor) from the series.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Like so many I agree with 9 out 10 of your choices. I would replace Hot Shot with either Cheetor (a better example of the young character maturing), Ironhide (although I don't think he's memorable enough) or Wheelie (Yes I hate him but he is iconic in an infamous sort of way)... Just had a late thought... Omega Supreme perhaps?

Anyway a well written article STL. Really enjoyed the read.

I could be persuaded on BW Dinobot, Code of a Hero I would have to say is my all time favourite ep from any series.

I'll stick up for Hot Shot, yes he is retarded, but he was the spearhead for Armada, the series that pulled TFs back to success from the cock up that BM was.