View Poll Results: AM32 Stunticon Wildrider - worth getting?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Most definetly - he is awesome!

5 35.71%
  • For a decent price, yeah.

6 42.86%
  • Not unless I found him really cheap.

2 14.29%
  • Not remotely interested.

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy review - JP Arms Microns (TFPrime) AM32 Stunticon Wildrider

Default Toy review - JP Arms Microns (TFPrime) AM32 Stunticon Wildrider

AM32 Stunticon Wildrider

Based on the TFPrime Wheeljack mold, Stunticon Wildrider is essentially the same figure but with redone colours and a retooled head to look like his G1 counterpart. And they have done a fantastic job indeed! Even with the little horizontal anteneas that come out of the sides of his head like he had in the cartoon. And he’s got a truly evil looking face! To my mind, the best official Wildrider figure we’ve had to date! When you look at him it makes you realize just how lazy they have been when they resued the mold for TFP Dead End, just making him some creepy looking thing.

Vehicle mode looks great as well. The stickers you need to apply really round out the G1 homage and the big Decep badge at an angle looks fantastic – just make sure you apply the stickers correctly as it comes in three parts and if you missapply them your badge is out of kilter. What I also thought was a nice touch was that he comes with two ‘Stunticon’ stickers that you can apply wherever you like, and follow the design and colour scheme used for the Botcon Stunticons logo a few years ago.

Ozu
    An odd Arms Micron partner. To my mind looks more like a warthog than a mammoth but who am I to question (especially since neither animal is a cyclops anyway ). His Transformation of a grenade launcher is not bad, makes a difference from just the usual rifle shaped guns, but the handle is too long, and overall it is too bulky and pulls Wildrider’s arm down. Haven’t combined him with other AM’s yet, am going to get Rumble out tonight and then combine.

Overall I am immensely pleased with this toy package! After opening him and my Jet Vehicon General I completely sold on this line of figures. I hope Rumble stacks up as well tonight. If you like the Stunticons, I highly recommend this figure for your collection

I have this, still sealed along my few other Arms Micron toys, due to lack of patience with stickers. What did he look like "naked"? Could you get away with only a few stickers applied (Like just the hood stickers) or would he be too bare?

Stickers are irritating but its a nice figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I have this, still sealed along my few other Arms Micron toys, due to lack of patience with stickers. What did he look like "naked"? Could you get away with only a few stickers applied (Like just the hood stickers) or would he be too bare?
    There isn't that many stickers, in fact you put almost as many on Ozu as you do Wildrider. He only has one for his robot mode (the gold one around his torso) and in vehicle mode you can prob get away with just his hood stickers, and then without putting the others on that might leave you room to put the 2 'Stunticon' stickers on wherever you like for a bit of personal detailing .

Best official use of the mold There, i said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I agree... love the mold, and Wildrider's head is the best of the lot!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Ozu
    His Transformation of a grenade launcher is not bad, makes a difference from just the usual rifle shaped guns, but the handle is too long, and overall it is too bulky and pulls Wildrider’s arm down.
    Solved, was playing round with him tonight then realized the obvious, he's designed to be held in both hands (I'd forehead slap but still damaged from last night )! Just turn Wildriders other hand sideways and it hangs onto the handle on the side of Ozu - looks fricken wicked! Very rare they give you a gun designed to be held in both hands, it's usually a sword at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I agree... love the mold, and Wildrider's head is the best of the lot!
    Yeah, loving this guy! TFPrime Wheeljack looks good, but pales in comparison to Generations Wheeljack, and the less said about TFPrime Dead End the better

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah, loving this guy! TFPrime Wheeljack looks good, but pales in comparison to Generations Wheeljack, and the less said about TFPrime Dead End the better
    I love TFP G2 Dead End

I can't decide whether Wildrider or Dead End is the best version of this mold. Every version of this mold is cool though so it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I love TFP G2 Dead End
    Is he supposed to be based on G2 Dead End? Didn't know that. There are some very vague colour similarities if you squint your eyes I guess. I have TFP Dead End, but only because it was 'buy 1, get 1 half price' and there were no other toys in the shop I was after