Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys - Hyper Novae

Does anyone know when the mmc version goes on sale or pre order?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    MMC's is scaled to Hexatron. So it should be a little taller than MP-10.

I remember reading Don was making his own toyline - what happened to that?
    The Armarauders? Don't know, i thought i did see some figure prototypes on BBTS. Pretty sure they have an FB page somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The Armarauders? Don't know, i thought i did see some figure prototypes on BBTS. Pretty sure they have an FB page somewhere
    thanks, found it.

Don's uploaded the first 3 comics of Armarauders here free

and after looking through the gallery of the prototypes, I will definitely be collecting these.

So how tall is the Maketoys Hyper Novae? Is it upgraded G2 Prime 'Battle Tanker' size?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So how tall is the Maketoys Hyper Novae? Is it upgraded G2 Prime 'Battle Tanker' size?
    yeah, instead of the cannons that come around his arms, its just wings out the back.

While they look good I believe buying these 3rd party transformers is like downloading a pirated movie/song/digitalcomic/game/etc... neither Hasbro or tomy takara get a cent.The companies making them do not buy any IP's from Hasbro/Takara.And they are just so god damn expensive did I say they look nice.And with shapeways and places popping up how many people are going to make add ons( do you really need that g1 accurate missile on henkei starscream really?)for really a perfectly good character from Hasbro/Takara anyways In my eyes roughy $700 shipped for say superion 3rd party is like a month mortage to me (once again did I say they look nice)then theres always the quality control issues that most of these product have.IMO I feel cheated these guys are doing it and seriously think Hasbro/Takara should crack down.IMO if you want G1 character buy them theres a whole series of G1 to track down and collect but a lot of people wants every transformer to look like G1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryathalas View Post
    While they look good I believe buying these 3rd party transformers is like downloading a pirated movie/song/digitalcomic/game/etc... neither Hasbro or tomy takara get a cent.The companies making them do not buy any IP's from Hasbro/Takara.And they are just so god damn expensive did I say they look nice.And with shapeways and places popping up how many people are going to make add ons( do you really need that g1 accurate missile on henkei starscream really?)for really a perfectly good character from Hasbro/Takara anyways In my eyes roughy $700 shipped for say superion 3rd party is like a month mortage to me (once again did I say they look nice)then theres always the quality control issues that most of these product have.IMO I feel cheated these guys are doing it and seriously think Hasbro/Takara should crack down.IMO if you want G1 character buy them theres a whole series of G1 to track down and collect but a lot of people wants every transformer to look like G1.
    not everyone wants a block. I've happily collected henkei/classics and masterpiece for my G1 needs and although i agree that they pay hasbro/takara no licensing fees suck - it shows that Hasbro are failing to take their IP seriously and invest in meeting the demands of its customers.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    not everyone wants a block. I've happily collected henkei/classics and masterpiece for my G1 needs and although i agree that they pay hasbro/takara no licensing fees suck - it shows that Hasbro are failing to take their IP seriously and invest in meeting the demands of its customers.
    Yes pure failure on Hasbro/Takara Tomy behalf and I've happily collected Hasbro Transformers since 1985 but really imo not much happens with copyright ip in china they'll happily counterfeit anything and sell it and Hasbro has probably pursued it but not much can be done(wasn't there a case with apple or someone with copyrights in china)Thing is though, that's how IP law is in China. All Hasbro could try to do is block imports in some countries, but that'd be pretty much impossible because customs can't open every box that arrives from China, and even if they did, they'd just forward it through another country anyway. Its all good - but I won't support feeelthy pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryathalas View Post
    Yes pure failure on Hasbro/Takara Tomy behalf and I've happily collected Hasbro Transformers since 1985 but really imo not much happens with copyright ip in china they'll happily counterfeit anything and sell it and Hasbro has probably pursued it but not much can be done(wasn't there a case with apple or someone with copyrights in china)Thing is though, that's how IP law is in China. All Hasbro could try to do is block imports in some countries, but that'd be pretty much impossible because customs can't open every box that arrives from China, and even if they did, they'd just forward it through another country anyway. Its all good - but I won't support feeelthy pirates.
    3rd parties would not exist as the industrialized force they are now if Hasbro was properly supplying to demand. They underestimated and neglected the adult collector market for a very long time. 3rd parties noticed this and eventually filled in the gap very successfully.

If Hasbro wants to be rid of 3rd parties then they better start releasing more things that people want instead of 1001 Bumblebees. They are a big company, if they went ahead with a dedicated department that concentrated only on producing collector grade toys similar to how Tomy does the MP line, then they would gradually reduce the demand for 3rd party items - Fans have demonstrated that they will pay premium for a good quality toy. Instead they like to make things that shelf warm and lose retailer confidence.

Getting back on track, I'm not sure which toy I actually prefer. While MMC's toy certainly looks impressive, it's a lot more rounded and more novel and scifi, while the Maketoys one seems more comic accurate in the blocky classics style. Maketoys one also seems to have more intimidating wings.