Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sales on gumtree

I've used Gumtree for buying and selling, it's great, but for me it has always been person to person. Yes, actual human contact, I know
    Its great because there are no fees and you get cash in hand when selling. I guess if you find something you really want that is too far to do a meet up you could ask about posting and online payment etc. But the safety nets aren't in place like e-bay if you pay someone and they don't send you the item.

Wow that is amazing. Appreciation of the toy. Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Ae-Evolution View Post
    Deal of the century right here folks, hahaha.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morle...ime/1027050144

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I've used Gumtree for buying and selling, it's great, but for me it has always been person to person. Yes, actual human contact, I know
    Its great because there are no fees and you get cash in hand when selling. I guess if you find something you really want that is too far to do a meet up you could ask about posting and online payment etc. But the safety nets aren't in place like e-bay if you pay someone and they don't send you the item.
    Also if you sell anything prepare to be low-balled to the max. I advertised my old mountain bike on there for $350 and got 3 offers of $100. I (not so) politely told them where to go.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

My sister had some of the same when she as selling up before going overseas. There are some nutters out there who want stuff for free, and believe it or not d!cks who just troll to get you worked up. When I list I generally list higher to allow for negotiation in the downwards direction. It would also depend on where you live, Townsville people are pretty laid back so everything I have done on Gumtree has gone smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ae-Evolution View Post
    Deal of the century right here folks, hahaha.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morle...ime/1027050144
    Wow I am so ashamed as that seller's suburb is where I am originally from. On behalf of Morley WA 6062 I apologise to you all

Also if you're selling what you anticipate to be a popular item on Gumtree don't post up your phone number or address, just the suburb. Let buyers contact you by email and basically screen out all the low ballers or time wasters.

You'll be amazed at who will show up to your door uninvited if you post your address.

Hmmm unsure of gumtree. Ill give it a go.

i usually meet in person and inspect the stuff first before i purchase ...and never directly transfer the money ... as there are heaps of scams out there ...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

lots of lowball and no shows mostly, pisses me off when people offer you for something and in the end turns the deal down.

the cost of my sms probably cost me a lot as I don't have a huge phone plan.

Kind of ticks me off with people who don't honour their part when an offer is made.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kardi...ce-/1028711006

Wow ... saying that he will not separate.. but i think it very hard to get rid of a whole collection like that as the person who is into collecting would have at least half of the item already any ways...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kardi...ce-/1028711006

Wow ... saying that he will not separate.. but i think it very hard to get rid of a whole collection like that as the person who is into collecting would have at least half of the item already any ways...
    Good luck for him, is near my place, and I am not going to even find out. I am not a time waster unlike many on gumtree I met.