Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Sales on gumtree

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I can't even sell mine for $50 so good luck to that person.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Yeah, pipe dream
    Just checked the link. Looks like it sold.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Just checked the link. Looks like it sold.
    Mystery - what price? I hope the buyer didnt get duped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Tron View Post
    If someone believes it may be worth a lot more money in the future then I think it's a good idea. There were plenty of collectors back in the G1 days collecting... I'm sure there are more collectors today but the thing is before the next 20 years are up a lot of those collectors will have sold what they have, and sometimes you just don't know what will oneday be considered a valuable collectors item.
    It can happen its just less likely. Similar thing happened in 1997 when they released a new wave a star wars figures. People went nuts and bought them all. 15 years later - people cant get rid of them and only a handful are worth anything. Much better bet is buying stuff that is actually scarce (good condition g1) if you want return on investment. But if you buy what YOU like, you will never lose.

^Power Of The Force figures? I remember a small comic store across the train station at Parramatta trying to palm off a tan vest Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker for $110! Then there was the belt variations on Leia, circles on Fett's hands, rings on Luke's saber etc etc The majority are worth peanuts now. If only i could find a short Saber in the long tray version of Obi Wan