Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: October's… purchases

TFSS Breakdown just got here....

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    MP Prowl and GT Maximus.
    prowl look huge next to GTR-max

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Just in time for my 40th

Chimungmung does deliver quicker nowadays heheh. Though I cant help but notice packages that come from HK, China etc they always come warapped in this packaging paper and wrapped in straw string... must be the standard packing system. Not very sturdy as things can fall out if it tears. Not that anything has....

Cutesy Captimus

and this Optimus SD version kit.... it's like a gundam that I still have to put together - but there are clear plastic and chromed paint looking parts as far as Ive seen.... need to get a pen to panel line some of it - which I can use for Metroplex too later. It's also got this tiny bulb in the kit, so I guess that'll be for the matrix light up gimmick.
    ill like to see that optimus all completed ...can you post up a review of him...im still on the fence about him ... Happy 40th as well

A modest BBTS haul this week-

Beast hunters Arcee, "Croc-Out",Vertebreak and Transformers GO! Budora.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    prowl look huge next to GTR-max

ill like to see that optimus all completed ...can you post up a review of him...im still on the fence about him ... Happy 40th as well
    I will. Most likely start on him on my day off. and thanks
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Got a few things october..

MP-17 and Soundwave BH Takara version. Love them both.

and got bunch of cyberverse figures to complete abominus.

Quote Originally Posted by jamestan14 View Post
    Got a few things october..

MP-17 and Soundwave BH Takara version. Love them both.

*snip*
    How good is Prowl?
    Also, as a massive Soundwave fan, I've gotta say that that Takara version of BH Soundwave looks great! - I'm still yet to obtain that version of the mold and those colours appeal to me WAY more than Hasbro's do.

I 1st want to apologise for these horrible photos; the lighting is atrocious & subsequently the colour is badly washed.
    (I've still got to apply stickers & take some photos of some relevant bots too, so hopefully those pics will be better )

Yesterday (Tuesday), courtesy of Hobby Link Japan, a slightly large package arrived...

Contained within, were a pair of amazing figures!

1st up we've got Masterpiece Prowl:

This "Police-Edition" Nissan Fairlady 280Z-T is stunningly rendered in plastic...

I'm not sure if the pair are to-scale with one another, but all I know is that Prowl & Sideswipe look amazing together...

...it's at this point though that one suddenly remembers that this Datsun also transforms!

Shogo Hasui has manifested some absolutely amazing figures since taking over the Masterpiece line, the fact that he worked in Ankle-tilts into such blocks-of feet with the Prowl mold is incredible!...

...and now we bring out the "Big Guns" - Here is a look at how TakTom's Generations Metroplex comes packaged:

Freeing this big bloke from his packaging, you're immediately presented with simply a friggin' big bot!

It is true that Yuki-san has rendered a taller, more greebly version of the G1 Metroplex toy - this isn't necessarily a bad thing as he has put him on a near-even standing with Fortress Maximus I feel...

The "Rolling-Battlestation" mode is probably the weakest mode; I've put my own little twist on various placements of limbs & other bits but yeah - perhaps the stickers might help to spruce it up a bit ...

Metroplex's "Base" mode is much better in-person I feel than what photos really let on; I feel the G1 toy does a better job pulling off a "City" look, but that's likely owed more to his greater "Blocky-ness" ...

All in all, I'm extremely impressed & pleased with this $300 pairing; Prowl truly lives up to the "Masterpiece" moniker & Metroplex oozes that feeling of what it's like to receive a giant robot toy as a kid - they're both reminders of why I love & collect Transformers and it's things like them that keep me looking forward to what those wizards at Takara will offer next!

oooh congrats there Hursty!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A nice haul there Hursticon!