Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First look at AoE Optimus toy at NYCC

I think the wheels on the back look okay (seemingly the only one that does; I hope it's in the CGI model) but it's the parts behind the hips that don't look good. They are hidden in the stock photo and they might fold back more than in those first pics.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Generations line?

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME Leader Scale Figure(Ages: 4 & up /Approx. Retail Price: $44.99/Available: May 2014)The Leader Scale OPTIMUS PRIME figure from Hasbro is part of the TRANSFORMERS brand’s popular GENERATIONS action figure line and is inspired by the upcoming TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION movie from Paramount Pictures. This impressive figure is the first to be revealed from the highly anticipated 2014 TRANSFORMERS line. This extraordinary OPTIMUS PRIME figure features an all new deco, converts from robot to vehicle and is styled in the character’s new look as he will appear in TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION. Additional features and accessories including an impressive new sword and shield let fans relive the action of the blockbuster movie series. The TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME LEADER SCALE FIGURE will become available at major retailers beginning in May, 2014 in advance of TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION coming to theaters on June 27, 2014.

Can't say that one is a leader class.
    Looks so cheap, should call it light class.

The description suggests this might be a "preview" type figure, like the "first edition" Prime toys that were meant to be released as part of the Generation line ahead of the Prime line proper. So the AOE line figures might be a simpler/gimmicky from this example (good or bad thing?).

Here's hoping they avoid gimmicks. Maybe they'll focus on those weapon accessories instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The description suggests this might be a "preview" type figure, like the "first edition" Prime toys that were meant to be released as part of the Generation line ahead of the Prime line proper. So the AOE line figures might be a simpler/gimmicky from this example (good or bad thing?).
    Another possible explanation they put this in the Generations line could be to prevent retailers from skipping the Generations line altogether in a movie year.

I'll be buying one & i suspect quite a few other figures too. That alt mode is just too good for me to pass up, even though it's missing a few bits, like headlights

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'll be buying one & i suspect quite a few other figures too. That alt mode is just too good for me to pass up, even if it doesn't have any headlights
    +1 Getting this mainly for the truck, and he'll stay in truck mode on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    that's... not what I was hoping for
    and his chest really looks like prime magnus... weird
    That's exactly what I thought, he looks like the TFPrime RiD Ultra Magnus toy. And not in a good way I've bought the leader class Prime from the last 3 movies, will have to think hard if I want that to keep going or if I will skip this piece of slag

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Looks like he has a luge strapped to his back.
    Yes. My initial thought was of a hand trolley strapped to his back.

I'll pass on this one.