Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (OCT-2013) Animated Era Toys - Reviews and Favourites

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Griffin, ...the Stealth Lockdown (deluxe) with Optimus and Bumblebee (legends) actually did make it to Australia. I was lucky enough to find it at Target Chadstone but because the Animated line was coming close to it's end at the time, I expect few to know of this.
    I can confirm that both Stealth Lockdown and Rescue Ratchet were both released at Target stores in Australia - I was working in the Target toys department at the time, and remember putting them on the shelf!

Blitzwing was the 1st toy in this line I acquired & really set the tone of the show for me. "Ooooh! I wanna see him turn into a fire truck! Can I? Can I, ha-ha, can I? Ahahahahahahahaha!" So much sarcasm & a great nod to G1 with easter eggs galore.

Have to say G1, Japan G1, Beast Wars & Animated get more replay than the other series for me.

Still haven't snagged animated Blackout but I plan on getting him before 2016 ends.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Griffin, ...the Stealth Lockdown (deluxe) with Optimus and Bumblebee (legends) actually did make it to Australia. I was lucky enough to find it at Target Chadstone but because the Animated line was coming close to it's end at the time, I expect few to know of this.
    That was an era (2009-2010) that I didn't keep as much track of the releases here, so I couldn't remember if that one was released here when I did up that posting.

If I ever get around to doing up toy lists for those two years, I'll make a note that they were indeed released here.

Watching Animated was what got me back into the fandom if not collecting. The bulk of the toys had already passed and it was a little late to catch up without paying eBay prices.

My favorite was Arcee. Mostly because she was the closest to a G1 representation we had at the time. Runner ups were Wreck-Gar for his portrayal in the cartoon and Bumblebee for being fun.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

It got me back into collecting as well.

Shockwave/Longarm Prime was an awesome toy and cartoon character. 2 robot modes and 2 alt modes is exactly what an espionage-bot should be; taking the concept to the next level from where G1 Punch/Counterpunch and Armada Sideways tried to achieve.

Lockdown still amazes me in the way that such a small compact alt mode can produce such an imposing robot mode. He'd be perfect as a toy if it weren't for the odd position they chose to finish the wrists.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

That Shockwave/Longarm is truly special and can only be equalled (if not surpassed) by the Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker quad changer.

I actually managed to nab one of each mold of the main sizes (deluxe, voyager, leader) in this series, aside from Shockwave/Longarm, Soundwave and Snarl.

What are your Best and Worst toys of this Era?

Best:
    I loved Hot Rod a lot.

Worst:
    Without a doubt Lockdown. I owned two samples and the plastic was shocking on both. The engineering was garbage and needlessly limited the figure in several ways, and the gimmicks were uninspired.
    Waspinator was a mess as well.

What was your first one, and when?
    Voyager Starscream and Deluxe Lockdown, and in the middle of 2008.

What ones are you currently most looking for and why?

Would consider rebuying Hot Rod (I've since sold mine), though I'm not actively looking.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.