Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bushfires in NSW

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    It rained in Beverly Hills last night. Anyone know if it fell anywhere else where it's more important?
    Not in quantities that mattered. Most of it would have evaporated before it got to the actual flames.

I was concerned about lightning strikes, seems up near Kempsey a few strikes started grass fires, but not much else.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Hope everyone is safe and that any of our members that live there are safe, along with their collection.

To anyone who sees people throwing cigarette butts out their windows, you can actually report them to police. It is complete stupidity from people who do this that causes big fires. Case in point when approximately 70 cars at Olympic Park were either damaged or destroyed because of some inconsiderate prick that did exactly that.

I really think we should emulate Singapore and change our culture where it no longer becomes socially acceptable to litter cigarette butts at ANY time - not just during bushfire seasons. Cigarette butts are non-biodegradable and have a lasting impact on the environment and wildlife. I've only ever known ONE smoker in Australia who bins all his butts... all other smokers I know are tossers.

yeah well, the way they mollycoddle offenders here compared how they shame and make people do public service in Singapore.... not gonna happen soon Gok. Provided it is more of an effective punishment mind you, but, have you seen the people they interview on TV? They offend and yet when they're being given the punishment... all they always seem claim is it's so "unaustralian" or they always claim they have rights. I say, the moment you offend and break the law, your fricken rights are cancleed and you should be subject to full extent of corporal punishments... coz let's face it a slap on the wrist punishments the courts hand out these days are laughed at by these hoodlums someone needs to put them in the frontlines of killing out the fires they caused, mebbe then they'd get the message. If they loose their lives doing so (prolly from a lack of proper training) well good riddance to socially inept and rubbish individuals, the society can function better without them.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

According to the US the whole of Australia is on fire
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I really think we should emulate Singapore and change our culture where it no longer becomes socially acceptable to litter cigarette butts at ANY time - not just during bushfire seasons. Cigarette butts are non-biodegradable and have a lasting impact on the environment and wildlife. I've only ever known ONE smoker in Australia who bins all his butts... all other smokers I know are tossers.
    Australia should have capital punishment... or the 3 strike rule you are out. No need to jail or feed those serial offenders or criminal or give them the dole.