Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Unique Toys Galvatron

For what it's worth, mine arrived this morning and wasn't opened by customs. It only came through WA though according to the tracking, so other states could be different... and i also might have just got lucky! Mine came from Chimungmung (in a reversed out beer carton box no less!)

The new deco is really nice, and the laser extends for quite some distance! His side skirts have been painted a purple that doesn't quite match the rest, but since they're so small it's not really that noticeable at a glance. You can actually see it on the promo pics now that i look at them closer. This version also comes in a more standard cardboard box, and a plastic tray instead of foam on the previous release. Can't wait to transform him later on!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    For what it's worth, mine arrived this morning and wasn't opened by customs. It only came through WA though according to the tracking, so other states could be different... and i also might have just got lucky! Mine came from Chimungmung (in a reversed out beer carton box no less!)

The new deco is really nice, and the laser extends for quite some distance! His side skirts have been painted a purple that doesn't quite match the rest, but since they're so small it's not really that noticeable at a glance. You can actually see it on the promo pics now that i look at them closer. This version also comes in a more standard cardboard box, and a plastic tray instead of foam on the previous release. Can't wait to transform him later on!
    May I ask if there's anything glaringly obviously on the figures display box that indicates it has a laser pointer? Because if not, any xray image is just going to look like a humanoid toy, which is probably the case why you got yours, lol.

There's some text on the box, pointing to the cannon that says "Lazer lights"... and mine had a separate slip of paper with basic warnings about lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    WARNING !!!
    Apparently there are 2 versions of the Unique toys Vintage color version of Mania King. One version has the cannon with a laser pointer, I just read the listing on Robot Kingdom and they have a list of warnings, like do not point at a person's eyes, also they wont ship the item to USA and several other countries. Australia was not included I don't think, but I wouldn't risk getting this product as the laser pointer feature might be illegal and will be held up at customs.

This may of already been mentioned somewhere already but I thought its worth repeating.

There is another version with an LED in the cannon.
    I received an email from RobotKingdom last week about this. They wrote saying that there are 2 versions of ManiaKing being shipped. One with laser, another with LED. This was due to various countries which had restrictions in place for laser devices.

They mentioned that Australia was listed as one of those, and gave the option to say which version I wanted them to ship me. If I didn't reply, they would ship me the LED version (to be safe). So I updated them to ship the LED version. Still waiting on item arrival atm.