Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Daca Toys Kronos (Skyfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    And now there are rumors of QC problems...

I'd rather pay $250 for a MP Skyfire that I like rather than $150 for one I don't...

I just canceled my order with Robot Kingdom.

This is not the Skyfire we were looking for...
    How do you cancel a RK order? I didn't know this was possible, as you prepay via paypal
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    How do you cancel a RK order? I didn't know this was possible, as you prepay via paypal
    +1?

A cursory glance at TFW2005 seems to be it was Optibotmus and his "unnamed source". I'm sceptical to go on that personally.

Not that I have any skin in the game but I certainly wouldn't be putting an order in till at least a review or two.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    +1?

A cursory glance at TFW2005 seems to be it was Optibotmus and his "unnamed source". I'm sceptical to go on that personally.

Not that I have any skin in the game but I certainly wouldn't be putting an order in till at least a review or two.
    From what I'm seeing on TFW2005, Optibotimus was coming in late to the party and giving old news about a problem they already fixed awhile back. I never really liked the guy, just a vibe about him makes me not trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    From their policy page:

Payment Policy

Only Paypal payment is accepted.
    All payment is considered complete after paypal confirmation. I.e. Echeck clear.
    Order Cancellation.
    Preorders can be cancelled 5 days prior to the release date of the latest release item in the order.
    In stock items orders Cancellation must be done within 12 hours after the order is paid.
    Any Cancellation after the period mentioned in 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 might not be considered as a valid cancellation. Robotkingdom will not be responsible for any lost due to the late submission of cancellation.
    Payment refund upon customer's request.
    Full refund can only be done within 60 days after the order is placed.
    Paypal fee might be charged by paypal for any refund after the period mentioned in 2.3.1.
    Payment will be refunded to your paypal account linked to the order only. Any request for refund to other paypal account will not be considered.
    Payment refund upon other reasons.
    Items within the order cannot be located.
    In some cases, one or more items in an order may not be located in our warehouse. In this case, customer can choose to:
    Switch to other in stock items. The difference of the items price will be collected/refunded.
    Refund the unavailable items and ship the rest of the order.
    If the customer fail to reply within 7 days, the order will be processes under option 2 automatically.
    Item within the order was cancelled by the producer.
    In some cases, one or more items in an order may be cancelled by the producer. In this case, customer can choose to:
    Switch to other in stock items. The difference of the items price will be collected/refunded.
    Refund the Cancelled items and ship the rest of the order.
    If the customer fail to reply within 7 days, the order will be processes under option 2 automatically.
    So head on over to their contact page and send them a message stating your order number and see what they have to say. It seems to be no problem if you ordered less than 60 days ago.

+1?

Yeah it was Optibotmus and what he said that broke my resolve. And I'm with you as far as viewing reviews first goes, but it was the limited production run and that the test shot looked really good (to me at least) that made me pre-order incase I missed out on one of my favorite bots.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    From what I'm seeing on TFW2005, Optibotimus was coming in late to the party and giving old news about a problem they already fixed awhile back. I never really liked the guy, just a vibe about him makes me not trust him.
    Yeah me either actually - just the way he responds to his "fans" when they ask him a "ridiculous" (in his mind) question...as if it's the most absurd question he's ever been asked in his life. Or if someone disagrees with him. He ends up blocking the user sometimes. Poor form.

Anyway, off topic. Watching the progress unfold after all these pics has made me definitely want to wait for FT, especially based on how Quakewave was and everything i've seen on Scoria.

As Tober said:
    I'd rather pay $250 for a MP Skyfire that I like rather than $150 for one I don't...

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Yeah me either actually - just the way he responds to his "fans" when they ask him a "ridiculous" (in his mind) question...as if it's the most absurd question he's ever been asked in his life. Or if someone disagrees with him. He ends up blocking the user sometimes. Poor form.

Anyway, off topic. Watching the progress unfold after all these pics has made me definitely want to wait for FT, especially based on how Quakewave was and everything i've seen on Scoria.
    Those US boards are toxic. I frequent them for the pics and updates but it scares me how often there are inane comments that last for pages when there is nothing new to discuss. The MakeToys Defensor and Scorponok are just two of many examples of this.

Anyway, like both of you guys, I'm holding out too. Either the reviews convince me I was wrong or I wait for someone else to step up And let's face it, someone will. It took years to get Brainstorm/Omega Supreme/Roadbuster/Broadside but they were all worth it in the end.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Those US boards are toxic. I frequent them for the pics and updates but it scares me how often there are inane comments that last for pages when there is nothing new to discuss. The MakeToys Defensor and Scorponok are just two of many examples of this.

Anyway, like both of you guys, I'm holding out too. Either the reviews convince me I was wrong or I wait for someone else to step up And let's face it, someone will. It took years to get Brainstorm/Omega Supreme/Roadbuster/Broadside but they were all worth it in the end.
    Looks like the volume of negative commentary on those boards has had an impact. Daca looks to be hesitant to develop his Titan (not idw jetfire). Looked pretty great too

I will never understand the perspective and behaviour of some 'fans'

It's a shame if that's the case because I was more interested in his Titan than Kronos. Despite the flaws of Kronos I probably been willing to look past them on Titan because I love Stormbringer Jetfire and because the alt mode looks a lot like a GTF Hercules from FreeSpace, which is my favourite fighter sim.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yeah I was excited too. Wanted G1 skyfire more and will be getting that but really wanted an mp size modern jetfire....looking unlikely now due to the passion of fans and the critiques they love to provide, even before they have the product in hand.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Yeah I was excited too. Wanted G1 skyfire more and will be getting that but really wanted an mp size modern jetfire....looking unlikely now due to the passion of fans and the critiques they love to provide, even before they have the product in hand.
    +1 i wonder why no one has reissued the G1 Jetfire.....

I would buy a reissue in a heartbeat
    I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....