Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Target's MP04 Optimus Quality Issues (serious enough to be news-worthy)

is it possible to ask Hasbro Australia why this is happening?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    is it possible to ask Hasbro Australia why this is happening?
    And to also ask if we can exchange it with them (if it's got QC problems, and the store has sold out!)???

Wow, I take back what I said on the other thread. Maybe we are getting bad ones.

The few I have seen were all ok, the chrome wasn't great on some of the smoke stacks but that isn't an issue to me it goes eventually anyway.

You can cancel laybys at target or you can buy the toy and refund it.

If there is stock Target should let you inspect the replacement at the service counter.

Hasbro did call me a couple of times when I couldn't get an animated bee to replace my faulty one so it's worth asking.

Maybe someone lucky enough to exchange their prime, or even someone just after a refund, will discover the parts other members are missing magically disapear from their toy too. Maybe that person could post the magical self removing parts to wanting members?

Wow reading this thread is scary. but I still went ahead and bought one today at Indooroopilly Target. it seems quite fine to me but I havent looed at teh traileryet. Don't give up hope you won't get a complete one!

Hrmmm not looking good for the Target MP-04. Well I got two on layby today (last two in store at Rockingham) so it would be interesting when I pick them up in two weeks if they are missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe they are disappearing from the shelves so fast because Target are removing them or exchanging them due to QC problems.
    It's almost like these are all the rejected returns from the (first/only?) production run, and Hasbro AU and Target got stuck with them by accident/intentionally by Takaratomy. Or someone at Hasbro told them not to waste throwing them away, that they could make a few dollars selling them off in a backwater western market.
    Whats more likely is that MP4's are returned/unsold MP1's that just got boxed with the new fandangled trailer. I suspect so because the new fandangled trailers are immaculate and I haven't heard much wrong about them.

Quote Originally Posted by TF76 View Post
    Wow, I take back what I said on the other thread. Maybe we are getting bad ones.

The few I have seen were all ok, the chrome wasn't great on some of the smoke stacks but that isn't an issue to me it goes eventually anyway.

You can cancel laybys at target or you can buy the toy and refund it.

If there is stock Target should let you inspect the replacement at the service counter.

Hasbro did call me a couple of times when I couldn't get an animated bee to replace my faulty one so it's worth asking.
    Thanks for your response. I'll give this a go tomorrow.

I would be interested in a list of people with and without major issues, not just paint or somthing anal. Just to get an idea of how wide spread the problems really are.

Mine was fine.

I've got one that seems quite fine. The red paint on the two cab windshield halves doesn't match, but that's it. However, I have no point of reference (My 1st MP). Perhaps STL or someone else that's seen mine can comment on their more experienced thoughts.

I have another that I'll be opening shortly and will report back on.