Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Target's MP04 Optimus Quality Issues (serious enough to be news-worthy)

I've just opened the spare i've bought from Target...

Besides, the minor paintjob and machine mark problems seen in other figures
    Nothing seems wrong with the Prime figure, no missing parts.
    I might be wrong as I have not taken it out entirely.

well.... i think that is not worth it in no means because even the box was strap with security devices and that really stuff up the box hardcore.... it looks worst than second hand.... man target has no idea what their doing..

Whether this is a batch of defectives or just a batch of shocking QC, TakaraTomy should be ashamed of themselves for producing/selling this lot.

The stupid make-up gun battle damage on my 20th Anniversary Prime never looked so good

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

After all this commotion about QC I opened my MP4 and transformed him just to make sure nothing was awry...

Unfortunately, it seems that he is like the majority of Target's offering, a very rough example. This guy has patchier paint than any of the Titanium 6" figures I have ever seen - and that is saying a lot! The trailer, by contrast, is indeed as close to perfect as plastic goods get At least he is anatomically correct but for $200 I expected the toy to exceed the fit and finish of more expensive mainstream lines like the binaltech series rather than aim for 'classics' quality

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    The stupid make-up gun battle damage on my 20th Anniversary Prime never looked so good
    10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    I got mine from RK a couple of months ago for not much more than what Target has them & I can't find anything faulty with my MP-4 at all...

How can TakaraTomy make one great production run of MP-4s & a seemingly less-than-great production run a short time later...
    Yeah I bought mine from RK during the first re-release as well and apart from a tiny scratch on one of his arms, Prime is seemingly quite perfect in all other ways.

I have a feeling that Target sort of made a deal with (Whoever the wholesaler was) to agree and buy the whole bulk of rejects or something at a way cheaper price hoping that consumers won't realised the defaults. But honestly missing wheels and thumbs are things way to obvious not to realise!
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Yeah I bought mine from RK during the first re-release as well and apart from a tiny scratch on one of his arms, Prime is seemingly quite perfect in all other ways.
    That is one of those battle damage marks wah....the one i just opened has it too..so i guess that's a standard feature.

My first one had the dodgy front panels but my second from the current Target batch seems ok. I haven't transformed it but the only thing I can see is it has a wonky left leg tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    So... we have a missing hydraulic, a missing front wheel, and now a missing thumb. I wonder what will be next?
    *beep*

"Um, Elita? Yeah, hi, Optimus here. Uh... did I... ah... leave anything at your place last time I was there? Just checking. Call me."

*beep*

Quote Originally Posted by Geminii View Post
    *beep*

"Um, Elita? Yeah, hi, Optimus here. Uh... did I... ah... leave anything at your place last time I was there? Just checking. Call me."

*beep*
    They play rough...