Thread: what religion is this?

Default what religion is this?

Or is it perhaps a shrine to someone who passed away? I'm the most useless Chinese guy ever, sadly can't read it

from what I can read... it is more of saying... Wealth/ prosperity come here

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

A very positive religion.

One that teaches you that, in order to lead a full and happy life at peace with our fellow man, our environment, and nature, we must not give in to negativity.

Parishioners must always believe in the power of positive thinking, and in good luck.

This religion is called: Optimusm.

(You may need to say that last word out loud)
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Hahaha, good one Cat.

Not sure that is any particular religion, though it looks like Chinese folklore religion.

The words on the sides say something like "May business spread throughout the four seas and three rivers." It is not referring to any specific geographical location as far as I know, it's more of a generic saying to wish that business would flourish.

Personally, I would have liked it more if the sides said "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." and "Till all are one."

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    Or is it perhaps a shrine to someone who passed away?
    It's Optimus Prime. Passing away is a specialty for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I'm the most useless Chinese guy ever, sadly can't read it
    Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    from what I can read... it is more of saying... Wealth/ prosperity come here
    The first Kanji says "TAKARA" ('treasure')! Although they're using a more archaic form (寶) - modern Kanji uses 宝, and of course the company Takara(TOMY) always writes its name in Katakana.

Although 'Takara' is the Kunyomi for that Kanji, its Onyomi is ほう (Hou), so if I were to read that top line (宝進財招) as ほうしんざいしょう (Houshinzaishou) - "accumulating treasures (via?) summoning wealth" ??? Sam's translation is probably way better than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's Optimus Prime. Passing away is a specialty for him!

The first Kanji says "TAKARA" ('treasure')! Although they're using a more archaic form (寶) - modern Kanji uses 宝, and of course the company Takara(TOMY) always writes its name in Katakana.

Although 'Takara' is the Kunyomi for that Kanji, its Onyomi is ほう (Hou), so if I were to read that top line (宝進財招) as ほうしんざいしょう (Houshinzaishou) - "accumulating treasures (via?) summoning wealth" ??? Sam's translation is probably way better than mine.
    On the contrary, you translated the top line, which I didn't.

Megatran Guest

Could this be the inspiration for Linkin Park Soundwave?

I wonder what phrases would appear on Megatron's shrine?