View Poll Results: Who will win the Europa 2013?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wheeljack

1 14.29%
  • Bluestreak

0 0%
  • Sideswipe

4 57.14%
  • Red Alert

1 14.29%
  • Hot Shot

0 0%
  • Crosswise

1 14.29%
  • Hot Rod

0 0%

Thread: Europa 2013 - Cup Day Sweepstakes!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Europa 2013 - Cup Day Sweepstakes!

Sorry for the late notice but to celebrate Cup day the games room is now collecting bets for the Europa 2013 Melbourne Cup Day Race! Who will win??!

7 brave racers will be competing in the Europa 2013 Race! Pay attention to their racing specs as they may be the key to winning this race

Wheeljack
    Model: Lancia Stratos Turbo
    Description: Despite being depended on as a mechanic, Wheeljack is a racer through and through. His specialty is rallying thus he performs well on corners.
    Special ability: Drift King: Famed on the rally circuit Wheeljack is the king of corners. +1 dice roll on corner legs.
    Weaknesses: None

Bluestreak
    Model: Datsun Fairlady Z
    Description: Bluestreak is a classic racer and an all-rounder. He has the speed and wit to win this race.
    Special ability: Wily and agile: He can't be harmed by Crosswise's missiles

Sideswipe
    Model: Lamborghini Countach
    Description: Sideswipe is a bold supercar who will charge ahead at every opportunity.
    Special ability: Need for Speed: he gets a flat +2 bonus on each straight leg

Red Alert
    Model: Lamborghini Countach
    Description: Red Alert is a not-so-bold supercar who is wondering why anyone would enter him into this race. Like seriously whats the agenda here? Is this a Decepticon plot to get him scrapped?
    Special ability: Paranoia: If Red Alert ever takes the sole lead he gets extremely paranoid that everyone is behind him. What are they up to back there? TLDR: 1 dice roll if Red Alert is in the lead but bonus is capped to a maximum of 3

Hot Shot
    Model: Futuristic Supercar
    Description: A young and budding racer Hot Shot definitely has the guts to win this race.
    Special ability: Cyber Key Power: If Hot Shot rolls a 6 he is entitled to speed boost of 1 dice roll again in that leg.
    Weaknesses: -3 flat penalty on the final leg of the race if Cyber Key Power was used in any of the previous legs.

Crosswise
    Model: Modified Bugatti Veyron
    Description: The Bugatti Veyron is the fastest supercar on Earth. However as a super-agent, Crosswise has loaded up certain cargo on board as 'insurance' which brings him back in line with the competition
    Special ability: Barrage: If Crosswise rolls a 1,2 or 3 he will fire at the next leading racer/s directly in front of him causing 1 dice of 'damage' to their rolls. If Crosswise rolls a 4,5 or 6 he will fire upon the race leader/s.
    Weaknesses: -1 flat penalty on corner legs

Hot Rod
    Model: Futuristic Hot Rod Supercar
    Description: Hot Rod, otherwise known as 'The Chosen One' has entered this race to prove that he is the best racer.
    Special ability: The Touch: If Hot Rod is solely in last place he gets 2 bonus dice rolls
    Weaknesses: If Hot Rod is in first place he gets a -1 flat penalty because he is unsure of his leadership.

Mechanics of the Game
    There are 6 legs to the Europa 2013 this year.

Leg 1: Mount St Hilary Flats (Straight)

Leg 2: The Oregon Trail (Corner)

Leg 3: Center City (Straight)

Leg 4: Paprika Plain (Straight)

Leg 5: Lookout Mountain (Corner)

Leg 6: Autobot City (Straight)

At each leg each racer will roll a 6 sided die. The die will determine the 'distance' this racer travels this leg. This continues for each successive leg until the end of Leg 6 where the winner is determined! Yes this makes no sense from a physics point of view but hey, deal with it

So who do you think will win? Each member has 50 credits they can use to bet on the race . Betting will close when the actual Melbourne Cup race starts. Race results will be posted sometime after the 5th of November

CURRENT PAYOUT ODDS
    Payout odds subject the change before race time based on other betters.

Win/Place Odds
    Bluestreak: 1:10 / 1:3
    Hot Rod: 1:10 /1:8
    Red Alert: 1:8 / 1:4
    Sideswipe: 1:7 / 1:4
    Hot Shot: 1:6.5 / 1:3
    Crosswise: 1:6 / 1:3
    Wheeljack: 1:5.5 / 1:2

Trifecta: 1:100 (No payouts for draws)
    Quinella: 1:40
    First 4: 1:200 (No payouts for draws)
    Last edited by Lint; 5th November 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Edit to the rules: Hot Rod now gets a 2 bonus dice roll instead of 1 as his special ability.

This is neat! I have never seen this sort of thing before. Thanks for setting it up

So do I just say 50 credits on Red Alert then? Updated bet below.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 5th November 2013 at 03:11 PM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    This is neat! I have never seen this sort of thing before. Thanks for setting it up

So do I just say 50 credits on Red Alert then?

I haven't really figured out how actual betting will work but sure

However I have revised the rules for Red Alert so you may want to reconsider, or you may not

EDIT TO RULES
    Red Alert's special ability dice roll is still 1, but the maximum bonus obtainable from this dice roll is now capped at 3

This is a neat idea.

25 creds on Sideswipe.

25 creds for a trifecta with Sideswipe, Hot Rod, Red Alert
    Last edited by Bartrim; 5th November 2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Changing my bet
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

25 on Sideswipe
    25 on Wheeljack

Great idea
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain