Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TRU Canada listings: Plat. Ed. CNY Starscream, YOTH Prime & Grimlock v Bruticus

Default TRU Canada listings: Plat. Ed. CNY Starscream, YOTH Prime & Grimlock v Bruticus

Via Tformers.com

Three more TRU exclusive Platinum Edition figure listings have been announced

Optimus Prime (~$151AUD)
    Toys "R" Us Canada have posted a product listing announcing the Transformers Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Optimus Prime action figure set. Listed as the "TRANSFORMERS - Platinum Edition - Optimus Prime (Year of the Horse) Figure - English Edition." we can assume this will be the Chinese export version. Based on the description and price it is believed this will be a specially package Masterpiece MP-10 action figure with trailer set. The figure set is listed for $139.99 CAD / with an estimated ship date of December 31, 2013.
    Starscream (~$130AUD)
    Toys R US Canada have announced another exclusive, the Transformers Supreme Starscream Chinese New Year Plantinum Edition action figure. No details on the figure just yet, but it is assumed this will be the Masterpiece version that was released some years ago with the special Chinese New Year packaging. The figure is listed for pre-order now at a price of $119.99 with an estimated ship date of December 31, 2013.
    Grimlock & Bruticus (~$162AUD)
    Toys R US Canada have announced a third exclusive, the Platinum Edition - Grimlock Vs. Decepticon Bruticus Figure Pack - English Edition action figure set. This is most certainly the same set that was revealed at BotCon and SDCC with the made over Generations Grimlock and the Comic-Con exclusive colors Bruticus in the special Chinese New Year packaging. The figure is listed for pre-order now at a price of $149.99 with an estimated ship date of December 31, 2013.

Details have been added to our 30 Generations toys for 30 years thread.

very interesting news, thanks.

definitely eager to see the MP Prime and Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Starscream (~$130AUD)
    Excellent.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Starscream (~$130AUD)
    Alriiiiight!

Boring.

I don't know why Hasbro Asia refuses to use Beast Wars animal moulds that correspond to the Lunar New Year animals. Any of the many dragon Transformers could've been repainted as the Year of the Dragon exclusive (e.g. Transmetal 2 Megatron et al.), either Corahda or Nightviper could've been repainted for the Year of the Snake, and Year of the Horse... come on, what a perfect opportunity to reissue Mach Kick in an exclusive deco/packaging! So many missed opportunities...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Boring.

I don't know why Hasbro Asia refuses to use Beast Wars animal moulds that correspond to the Lunar New Year animals. Any of the many dragon Transformers could've been repainted as the Year of the Dragon exclusive (e.g. Transmetal 2 Megatron et al.), either Corahda or Nightviper could've been repainted for the Year of the Snake, and Year of the Horse... come on, what a perfect opportunity to reissue Mach Kick in an exclusive deco/packaging! So many missed opportunities...
    As much as I don't like Beast wars much, you do have a point. I am surprised they didn't make use of it, If they are doing the whole zodiac thingy then it is recycling old products as new colours. Guessed I didn't missed mp 10 or starscream.

I'm surprised they're doing masterpieces for this line. That's pretty cool though.

If that's the case apparently MP10 now comes with batteries?

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-canada/28078/

Maybe he comes with a soundboard.

And the initial rumors that Starscream was going to be the Supreme class version from Cybertron based on early solicitations:
    here.

Wait and see I suppose.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

The batteries may simply be a mix up on TRU's part. And I suspect that Starscream is indeed the Cybertron Supreme one.

Beast era molds may seem "outdated" from the decison makers' point of view. Plus they can charge more with bigger toys

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Beast era molds may seem "outdated" from the decison makers' point of view. Plus they can charge more with bigger toys
    The Beast Wars/Machines designs still trump Energon Fatimus Prime and Omega Supreme! (jmho)

i suspect it to be the leader class movie starscream and optimus And not MP10 , because the new movie going to be release next year so they might want to capitalize on that but it would be great if it were.