Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rung's Alt Mode (*MTMTE Spoilers and speculation for Dark Cybertron*)

Something secret coming soon from Hasbro as a Toy that relates to the Dark Cybertron story, that even amazed IDW... Rung came to mind, as the "well known premise from FFOD".
    But then, I haven't been reading the story as the issues have come out, so could be any number of IDW characters.

From Editor John Barber...
    I think that’s a big moment for us—and there’s this amazing thing happening near the end of “Dark Cybertron” that I couldn’t believe it was going to make the jump to the toys. But I can’t talk about it yet, which is a lame answer but it’s really a fun twist on a well-known premise. It was something that originated—I think, if I remember right—with Mark Weber on Transformers brand team, and More Than Meets The Eye writer James Roberts and I couldn’t believe it was an idea on the table, let alone that it would be reflected in the toys. Sorry to have to be really vague about it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Something secret coming soon from Hasbro as a Toy that relates to the Dark Cybertron story, that even amazed IDW... Rung came to mind, as the "well known premise from FFOD".
    But then, I haven't been reading the story as the issues have come out, so could be any number of IDW characters.

Considering what his alt-mode looked like in the comic, one must assume the toy will transform into a laser-pointer

I liked Paulbots theory from earlier.

Or could it have something to do with Waspinator's rump?

It would make sense for it to be a later in the year toy release, something we may not hear about till botcon, which means it is most likely not Swerve, Skids, Waspinator Dreadwing etc.

If not Rung, then who? Maybe Fort Max or the DJD...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Well there was a listing for a new Nightbeat toy but we haven't seen it yet. And 'Headmaster' is a well known premise that hasn't been in a TF line for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Considering what his alt-mode looked like in the comic, one must assume the toy will transform into a laser-pointer
    Sonic screwdriver.

I hope we do end up getting a toy for him, alt mode is a mystery, looks like some type of key or something to me. Love his design though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

i sadly do not read the comics but Wingblade is in Dark Cybertron and the long bow that i will draw is they are talking about a G1ish Arcee (or girl figures in general) that are rumoured to be released.

Back to Rung and Metroplex, on Metroplexes left shoulder are 2 U-shaped cut outs. I know these flip over when you reveal the gun emplacement but i think they look odd, like something should sit in them but nothing that came with Metroplex fits. Would it seem silly for Rung to slot into those cutouts like a key and activating the emplacement? MAKE IT SO, SOMEBODY!!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose