Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KO Grimlock Asia Exclusive

Default KO Grimlock Asia Exclusive

http://tformers.com/transformers-new...edium=facebook

Hope everyone who wanted Grimlock has him. Hopefully there will be enough differences in the mould to differentiate from the real thing.

There got to be something going on at the factory ...as all the new Mp that getting release are getting KO straight away ! the reissue of grimlock isn't retail yet and it already getting copied .

Well, it doesn't affect me but that is some seriously s***ty news!

Megatran Guest

Based on the photo, are there obvious differences in the KO mould?

It was bound to happen. I'm not surprised with Grimlock. He's been around for a while. But KO of new moulds is frightening. I've always wondered if some of these KOs came from the same factory as unauthorised production runs.

Isn't the box a dead giveaway? I thought the legit Asian version came in a white box like this. If so, then perhaps anyone who doesn't have MP Grimlock yet will need to ensure that they get the toy MISB and avoid the one in the KO box.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

More likely you get cheated when buying loose.

FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR K

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    There got to be something going on at the factory ...as all the new Mp that getting release are getting KO straight away ! the reissue of grimlock isn't retail yet and it already getting copied .
    Not a new phenomenon. It's happened in the past.

I believe that the outsourced factory tends to do an 'extra' unauthorized production to sell themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Not a new phenomenon. It's happened in the past.

I believe that the outsourced factory tends to do an 'extra' unauthorized production to sell themselves.
    Sounds right to me, surely Takara or Hasbro must be annoyed at this or maybe they have made their money and don't care?

What I do find funny is several people (on other boards) who have embraced the G1 KO's are complaining about these.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Sounds right to me, surely Takara or Hasbro must be annoyed at this or maybe they have made their money and don't care?

What I do find funny is several people (on other boards) who have embraced the G1 KO's are complaining about these.
    I don't think they care. They would just ignore it or write it off as an unavoidable consequence of outsourcing the production. They save a tonne of money and considerably increase revenue by outsourcing and cost cutting so what do they care?