Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Toys FT-04 Scoria (Slag)

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Looks dope, but I'm a bit hesitant about some of these 3rd party quasi-MP's as any eventual Takara offering would make them redundant (to me). I would speculate that we will eventually see a full set of official MP Dinobots, it just might take another 5 years or so.
    I agree with this sentiment. Though, these are very tempting, I would love more dinobots next to grimlock and always wanted a new bigger and improved Jetfire.

Pass for me, I'm good with my Animated Snarl Slag. I'd like an MP-sized Sludge, but the price tag for these guys is a bit off-putting for me. I get why they are as costly as they will be, but still...

I'm glad someone's doing MP-esque (pseudo-)Dinobots though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I see what you're saying man, I reckon FansToys are pretty-well on the ball though and will likely do their best to match up the colour scheme to the widest-released version of MP Grimlock as possible - Beast mode is going to look friggin' cool I reckon.
    Would be even better if I can get my hands on MP Grimlock's reissue.

i love quakewave and slag was my first and only dinobot as a kid (g2 green ) so i'll probably pick him up but i'd rather they skipped jetfire and just mp'd the rest of the dinobots to be honest

I don't get why they're making him so big that they need to include platforms to have Grimlock scale with them.

Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I don't get why they're making him so big that they need to include platforms to have Grimlock scale with them.

Scale weirdos. They think that the world will implode if Takara don't make another Grimlock larger than MP-10 because the scale chart says that the Dinobots are bigger than Prime.

A quote someone from TFW sums up my thoughts on the subject (in the Dinobots case anyway)

Screw scale and the horse it rode in on.
    I rather like that

And I wonder if you can get those platform shoes complete with goldfish in them??
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I personally think Grimlock is just fine in terms of scale with other MPs. I knows he's taller, but he's not a whole bloody torso length's taller.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Looks dope, but I'm a bit hesitant about some of these 3rd party quasi-MP's as any eventual Takara offering would make them redundant (to me). I would speculate that we will eventually see a full set of official MP Dinobots, it just might take another 5 years or so.
    I agree with the sentiment too, but think your speculation is unlikely given the long gestation and release process of Takara MP's. We are lucky to get more than one mold a year. Also I think Takaratomy seem to mostly pick safe major characters, or toys that turn into cool cars.

The pessimist in me says we'll be lucky to get Ultra Magnus,Blaster, a hand full of Autobot cars and a few more Starscream repaints/retools before Takatomy reboot the line with yet another new MP Prime.

Sure hope we get a MP Jazz though.

Seeing that photo now wit the 2 MP figures got me to rethink. I thought it was just a few mm higher than Grimlock, but they actually had to put some extension platforms (manolo blahniks anyone? ) isn't right, why couldn't they just make they're figure shorter/proper scale in the first place. These are just test models anyways, surely they can still scale it down to proper sizing with no alteration to the original MP it was intended to pair up with. I'm not adding anything to MP Grimlock, he's fine the way he is. Besides what are those platforms going to be when he's in Dino mode? Might just skip this then if that's what they plan to do, meh.. Ill wait for swoop , mebbe that'll be at least in scale somehow and Skyfire. He's supposed to be very big anyway.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

According to official G1 cartoon scale - Slag is taller than Grimlock. The height 'lifts' are probably just to prevent irrational fan anger from taking momentum away.