Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Toys FT-04 Scoria (Slag)

yeah but Slag's higher than Grim because of the dino head(ress) and horns is acceptable, if you look at where Slag's shoulder and head is he's shorter than Grimlock (toys - 2nd picture). They (FT) should've done than and accounted that into scaling instead. Slag's shoulder reaches up to Grimlock's bicep area... with the new figure they're doing, it's the other way around... waaaay other way around.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Interesting, looks like they managed to add another 2 cm or so with the shoes, and the robot mode proportions don't seem to have been too badly affected. Some of the speculation on TFW was that it would be a complete leg/thigh/hip replacement but I think that was unlikely.

I would have been happy if they'd just scaled Slag to the existing Grimlock figure but I can't really fault them for going the way the have. No matter what, someone was going to be unhappy. There's always the choice not to use the shoes, and at least this way the door is left open for a new Grimlock figure which will scale properly with MP-10 and the other FT Dinobots. I wouldn't be surprised if FansToys do their own if there's no sign of one from TT by the time the finish with the rest of the team.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

A few more pictures from the TFW thread:

I wonder where the battery for the light in the gun is?

I actually think the proportions are thrown off a bit with the lifts. After looking at the latest pics from the last page and noticing that Grimlock is already wearing the lifts, I can indeed see that they made Slag really large.

I am still not too fussed but I do wonder why they did this. I personally don't think Tak-Tom would do another MP Grimlock unless the line gets rebooted again and that would probably be to a smaller size not bigger.

eh... a backpack the boots turn into a backpack in dino mode... nope sorry not buying it Fans toys. Shame and I got really excited when I first saw this.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'm going to guess they made this guy big to scale with Optimus and the newer car MP's rather than Grimlock.

Personally I'm still with the "Screw scale and the horse it rode in on" guy from TFW quoted earlier. My interest in this toy is pending the dinobot mode and the colours, not going to dismiss it our of hand because the size is not exactly perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'm going to guess they made this guy big to scale with Optimus and the newer car MP's rather than Grimlock.

Personally I'm still with the "Screw scale and the horse it rode in on" guy from TFW quoted earlier. My interest in this toy is pending the dinobot mode and the colours, not going to dismiss it our of hand because the size is not exactly perfect.
    Yeah I was thinking the same. It seems that they are moving to scale things with MP-10 (Grimlock with lifts included).

An odd direction as it would have been better if they just scaled with MP Grimlock but not a huge deterrent. Alt mode and colors also would be more of a decider for me.

Don't like the Frankenstein shoes, Scoria looks nice but I'm not sure which digi-bash I prefer. I tend to lean towards llamas view as I'd like to see an official release but I must admit I'm not holding my breath

I'm definitely interested in this one, but more so interested in Swoop!