Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Toys FT-04 Scoria (Slag)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    In one of the initial pics for Scoria they also had sillohettes for Swoop and Skyfire. Skyfire is next then Swoop. And FT did indicate that they mean to do all the Dinobots but it will depend on sales and whatnot.
    I don't think they've got much to worry about. Quakewave sold really well with how many runs they ended up doing. And the quality is quite good on that figure. So long as the quality doesn't drop and TakTom don't reveal they are doing the other Dinos, FT don't really have much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Actually Planet X are making all of the dinobots (FoC) including Grimlock.
    Yeah, I heard that too. I may have to get them if they make the full set. As keen as I am for Scoria, I'm even more keen for CHUG style Dinobots.

Do third party figures like this tend to shelf warm or go up in price after launch?

I've never bought a third transformer before, but I'm really tempted by the idea of more Masterpiece Dinobots.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Do third party figures like this tend to shelf warm or go up in price after launch?

I've never bought a third transformer before, but I'm really tempted by the idea of more Masterpiece Dinobots.
    they tend to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    they tend to go up.
    By a hell of a lot

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    By a hell of a lot
    I'd say that's a general trend... Although it still depends highly on production numbers and popularity of the figure. By most reports Terminus Hexatron is an excellent figure but you can still get it at original retail at many sellers. Same goes for FansProject not-Stunticons and Mech Ideas Demolition Crüe - all considered good figures. Then there's the possibility of second runs e.g. MakeToys Green Giant.

So, seems to me like its figures that are either very popular or made in small amounts (or both) that end up sold out and shoot up in price on the after-market. QuakeWave would be a recent example.

How would Scoria perform?? Based on company record, you'd have to guess that he'll be one that goes quickly, but it's still hard to say I reckon, as at least part of this will depend on how good the figure actually is... And that's something we won't know for sure until release, or prototype reviews hit the net.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Quality and meeting of fan expectation seem to be important factors in 3rd party

Look at KFC non perceptor. You can't give him away on the collector market

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Quality and meeting of fan expectation seem to be important factors in 3rd party

Look at KFC non perceptor. You can't give him away on the collector market
    yeah but I still have one

If KFC doesn't shape up it will be in danger of going the way of Impossible Toys.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    yeah but I still have one
    Is it completely crap or ok?

The design looked cool