Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Toynami 30th Anniversary Voltron

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Hell it's part of the anime so flying fist? You do realise is an expensive toy to be shooting fist anyway? Half the reviews I read, nobody really bothers about the shooting fist. I wished the 2nd pair was at least rotatable. If I missed something on why is THis so important to shoot the fist please enlighten me.

I only see reviews pointing it out as an obstruction as it can't rotate.

Earth magnets are great but does that mean you break off the shaft? Obviously my ideas are crap asi don't have the toy in hand.
    No not at all. Doesnt matter how expensive it is. Shooting fists is an homage to old chogokin figures. It has nothing to do with the anime. So it was a really nice touch that they actually have added it to this figure. No one pays homage to older figures like this anymore. Some, like yourself, may not like it, while others, like the older generation, are really pleased that they added it in. Of course you cannot please everyone. Im on the fence about it.

Yes you would have to cut off the shaft to add 2 magnets. Again its only an idea. Once my workshop is set up again, Im going to figure out a way to have both the shooting fists AND rotatable wrists. Dont worry about it to much right now.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am from the older generation of collecting.
    The bandai chogokin series have discarded this gimmick long ago.
    Hence this is like a more than 3/4 part modernised toy and you have a retro part for the wrong reasons. I have so many popy classics and they are solid fist not a movable lion jaw in this case.

The second fist should had allow for the modern age. Heck if it just rotate and not shoot would have made it a very posable robot.

That's my main and only complain about the toy. Yes I still want it as I think toyami isn't interested to up their game or let bandai win.

I do realise it is similar to masterpiece grimlock so it will be a more or less slight compromise on posing.
    Last edited by drifand; 29th December 2014 at 03:34 PM.

Good NEWS everyone!

The King of Beasts DOES have an arm swivel which can be used as a wrist swivel.

I was putting away The King of Beasts back into his box (we are moving) when I was saying to myself, "if he doesn't have wrists, then I wish he arm would at least move sideways", and I was pretending to move his arm sideways when it moved. I was all like IT MOVED! So he DOES have an arm swivel, awesome! Made my day. Now I dont have to modify him!

I guess they forgot to add it in the manual for some reason, or maybe they didnt even know themselves.

To do this, grab both sides of the lion arm. One hand on the back, the other on the torso and twist. It will be stiff at first, like you're going to break it. You'll hear a *SNAP* (most likely the paint) and it will flow freely.
    I suggest doing this with the arm DETACHED from the main body.

Some pictures as proof.

If this has already be discovered then never mind. If not, then you're welcome!

Thank you.

I was already thinking about that but I do not have the toy in hand so couldn't check.

One thing though, they could have done firing fist but allowed a 90degree insert into the launch mechanism which allowed the head to be facing in another direction.

Still waiting on TFI.....

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Thank you.

I was already thinking about that but I do not have the toy in hand so couldn't check.

One thing though, they could have done firing fist but allowed a 90degree insert into the launch mechanism which allowed the head to be facing in another direction.

Still waiting on TFI.....
    ^ same *twiddle thumbs*

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Good NEWS everyone!

The King of Beasts DOES have an arm swivel which can be used as a wrist swivel.

I was putting away The King of Beasts back into his box (we are moving) when I was saying to myself, "if he doesn't have wrists, then I wish he arm would at least move sideways", and I was pretending to move his arm sideways when it moved. I was all like IT MOVED! So he DOES have an arm swivel, awesome! Made my day. Now I dont have to modify him!

I guess they forgot to add it in the manual for some reason, or maybe they didnt even know themselves.

To do this, grab both sides of the lion arm. One hand on the back, the other on the torso and twist. It will be stiff at first, like you're going to break it. You'll hear a *SNAP* (most likely the paint) and it will flow freely.
    I suggest doing this with the arm DETACHED from the main body.

Some pictures as proof.

If this has already be discovered then never mind. If not, then you're welcome!
    Cool! Thanks for showing us that!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Initial_G View Post
    ^ same *twiddle thumbs*
    i believe i am also in this line twiddling thumbs

Really hope money well spent for this one, looking at reviews they said toyami was no where in comparison.

Toynami is a turd in comparison, but then it was designed with a lower budget in mind.

The elbow joints there aren't as great as a wrist joint (yes I did know about them and surprised more people didn't). I still would've preferred the wrist joint, for pointing that sword over a rocket punch.

Still don't understand the two heads yet....

Yeah I am with you but I think what's done is done, just find they could have allowed the fist to be reloaded in a 90 degree turn. I don't think I will be firing them.