Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General KO quality

Default General KO quality

Hey guys,
    I just bought some g1 reissues from a guy and they look awesome.
    Thing is he also has a bunch of KO's for sale which im very tempted by (he's stated they're KO's, i cant tell from the boxes)...but being boxed theres no way to tell the quality of the actual toy.

My question is whats the general KO quality like with Transformers or is that just a ridiculous question and its just too hard to say. Im going to want to take them out of the box and play with em so the figure quality is important to me. I can probably buy the same toys loose for around the same price but y'know, boxed, new and shiny looking.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Hey guys,
    Thing is he also has a bunch of KO's for sale which im very tempted by (he's stated they're KO's, i cant tell from the boxes)...but being boxed theres no way to tell the quality of the actual toy.

My question is whats the general KO quality like with Transformers or is that just a ridiculous question and its just too hard to say. Im going to want to take them out of the box and play with em so the figure quality is important to me. I can probably buy the same toys loose for around the same price but y'know, boxed, new and shiny looking.

Any advice?
    Just curious. What "reissues" did you buy?

Personally speaking, I would recommend against buying KOs regardless of quality.

i picked up buzzsaw and frenzy for $30 and were KO's. then i bought Soundwave with all the cassettes.. comparing the two there was BARELY any difference. Colour was one thing and one of the guns didnt fit properly on Frenzys back.

Thats it. Fraction of the price and for little guys like that i dont think it would matter. But i would be hesitant to buy bigger KO's. i want them to be perfect!

Hey guys,

Any advice?
    Depends which ones they are, some have misaligned joints that although transform fine, they don't quite sit right like the originals, after several transformations they can be a bit wonky. The originals have come down in price so much some KO's actually cost more.

I wouldn't be tempted to lick them or let them near children play with them either - some are suspected to contain lead paint.

Hmmn..yeah.
    I mean, the boxes look great - but Im not interested in keeping them in their boxes and its just too much of a random shot in the dark otherwise.

As for what I got I grabbed;
    Skywarp
    Hot Rod
    Skids
    Jazz

Why the ""?'s
    Im guesisng they're legitimate since he seemed to know what he was talking about.

Those four havn't been KO'd so would be official reissues.

Im guesisng they're legitimate since he seemed to know what he was talking about.
    Theres a guy at a local market, he sells authentic Turkish rugs and appears to know what hes taking about. What he really does it get rugs in from china, ages them in the sun and dirt then sells them as authentic. He disappears for a while when people are onto him then then once the dust has settled is back at the market.

Oh I know there are shady people around. Part of being shady is looking legitimate and being convincing. I guess I just trust that since hes openly selling a bunch of KO's that he's being truthful. Plus he seemed like a good dude

So are KO's generally frowned upon then? From hanging around TFW they seem to not have a larger issue with them. I think I was just swayed by the thought of owning a shockwave and the 5 dinobots but I couldnt pull the trigger...

Any advice?
    Avoid at all costs. Consider reporting the seller because it is illegal to sell counterfeit goods.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeallscreamforStarscream View Post
    i picked up buzzsaw and frenzy for $30 and were KO's.
    Demand a refund/exchange and report the seller.

Scumbag KO sellers. Must resist... urge to... [censored]

Oh I know there are shady people around. Part of being shady is looking legitimate and being convincing. I guess I just trust that since hes openly selling a bunch of KO's that he's being truthful. Plus he seemed like a good dude

So are KO's generally frowned upon then? From hanging around TFW they seem to not have a larger issue with them. I think I was just swayed by the thought of owning a shockwave and the 5 dinobots but I couldnt pull the trigger...
    Generally speaking, we do frown on KOs here. However everyone will agree that it is your call as an individual if you wish to collect them or not.

Ah, TFW..that place can be a source of amusement in the same way that Jerry Springer can be..

Oh this guy isnt like that though. He used to collect MIB's for display. He's selling all of his transformers now to just focus on masterpieces. Half of these (I'm guessing) he got without knowing they were KO's and identified them as KO's himself.
    Its not like he's this other seller on ebay who's selling "reissue" dinobots by the tonload..