Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leaked Movie Optimus toy image

Personally I'll be stoked if this is their direction for the toyline for the next movie, mainly for 2 reasons:

1. I really don't need another movie Optimus Prime, Bumblebee or Megatron; and
    2. My wallet still hasn't recovered from last year's blows...

(although I'd LOVE a decent movie Grimmy....)

When i wasn't collecting (between my childhood and the 2007 movie), i'd conversed with a few people over the years about TF's, and that gave me the general impression that the toys went to shit after G1.

Probably unwarranted complaints from people who didn't really know what was coming out, but it basically referred to no diecast and rubber wheels, which was a fair call except for the MP-1 and Binaltech's...

But when I first saw the pics of Movie 1 Leader Prime, and when i later played with it, boy did i realise how far things had come, and that that opinion was for the most part without merit. The toys now were far more involved, clever, poseable etc that made up for lack of diecast. And obviously since then, I've experienced heaps of incredible toys that they've designed.

Now though, looking at that in-box pic and seeing how cheap the whole thing looks, the scenario i'd imagined back then seems like it's become reality I really want to experience that wonder of seeing Movie 1 Leader Prime again!

How did you feel about Fast Action Battlers? Gravity Bots? RPM? That in box pic is one of those toys, not a Generations AOE Leader toy in box.

(which might not be better (based on loose and back of box pics) but still you wouldn't judge MOVIE or ROTF toys based on the gimmick lines that came out at the same time)

Yeah sorry my post doesn't make much sense, i was referring to the Leader (or whatever it turns out to be) from the previous page being underwhelming, but seeing the box with the cheaper toy really rubbed in that impression of what we've seen so far of the line, enough to make me comment.

Honestly while i wouldn't buy them myself, i never found the children's/simplistic toys of the previous lines to be bad or cheap looking like the AOE boxed toy... which looks more like a KO or oversized capsule toy than anything nice and inventive.