Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaked Movie Optimus toy image

Default Leaked Movie Optimus toy image

So I was looking at the leaked shots of AOE Optimus' toy and I'm just not liking him. As someone that wants to love everything Transformers I hope the final CGI design changes my mind.

(gave this its own topic, as the more interesting figures can get more attention this way)

This figure appears to be an photo of the back of packaging, perhaps for some upcoming trade show or convention. (America Toyfair is still 2 months away)
    It is different to the previous one shown off as being a "Generations" figure, and judging by the number of steps (15) is well above their Deluxe size (which will be promoted in 2014 as only being about 5 steps).

It was funny to see on TFW that the photo was taken down after a couple minutes, and there was 5 pages of people wishing that someone had saved a copy so that it could be reposted.

Interesting. Aside from the presumably "simplified" transformation and the back kibble, this one looks better than the Leader Generations figure.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Interesting. Aside from the presumably "simplified" transformation and the back kibble, this one looks better than the Leader Generations figure.
    This is my impression too.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Simplified transformation isn't a problem. It's when the toys themselves are simplified by losing detail such as sculpting and articulation that it's a problem. This does not look like that, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Simplified transformation isn't a problem. It's when the toys themselves are simplified by losing detail such as sculpting and articulation that it's a problem. This does not look like that, thankfully.
    I agree 100%. The ROTF toys were AMAZING, but too bloody hard for a kid to do. Which has led them to going too far the other way and producing their own over-sized legends figures (beating the Chinese KO producers to the punch I suppose!).

When I watch my kids struggle with a transformer, it's not how complicated it is that's the problem, it's how fiddly it is that causes the most grief. If all the panels line up easily, and the instructions are clearly written, then it's no problem.

I've often sent Hasbro the (rather obvious) suggestion that they post instruction videos on their websites for all their toys.

What's with the big blue crotch plate

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    What's with the big blue crotch plate
    If you were in danger of being kicked in the ball-bearings by a 40-foot tall Decepticon, wouldn't you want one?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Sadly, for the movie aesthetics, simplified transformation really means losing details or being far from screen accurate, because the concept artists never really think about how or if possible at all their design can be translated into working toys.

One vehicle panel the artist arbitrarily throws on the robot might make the poor engineers over at TakTom work overtime to get it working for toys. Yet people still complain about "fake chests" and "fake kibble".

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    If you were in danger of being kicked in the ball-bearings by a 40-foot tall Decepticon, wouldn't you want one?
    No my ball bearings would be dent proof if I in turn was a 40ft Robot