Thread: Are there kicks (sneakers) collectors among us?

Megatran Guest

Default Are there kicks (sneakers) collectors among us?

Next year will be the 23rd anniversary of the Jordan Brand 6's. Which means Nike will be releasing several colourways of the 6's. I'm looking forward to getting a pair of Infrared Black colourway.

I use to line up in the middle of the night outside Footlocker to secure a pair of limited release kicks. Looks like I'll be doin' the same thing next year to get my hands on these 6's. There are those who buy kicks as a collector in the same vain as MISB/MOSC collectors. I buy these limited release kicks to wear, in the same way that I open all my TF toys.

Are there kicks collectors who are also TF fans?

I just buy them if they look nice..... and I wear all mine as well... I got so many pair of shoe it not funny..!... just recently got the calvin megatron ones ....

I used to love sneakers and have a collection of Jordans, but nowadays not into them anymore considering how we get massively screwed on price compared to what you pay in the USA. When I went there to NY and Hawaii, could buy more shoes than I could ever here.

Plus with the extremely limited numbers particularly with the Jordan releases, I just can't bother with trying to compete with all of Sydney for the one pair in my size at the one store.

Case in point, last night I went out and on the way back home in the taxi, I passed by the Footlocker on George Street, Sydney. There were guys camped out in chairs for this morning's release of the Jordans. They must've been there from 8pm to camp it overnight for this morning.

That's a bit crazy for me. But then you have people lining up overnight for the Iphone 5C which is pretty much the same phone in a tutti frutti colour.

Still love the sneakers though, some real cool designs and reissues which remind me of my youth, particularly the bball shoes I grew up with.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Have you tried the Sneaker Thread?
    Thanks Gok. Should've known there was a Sneaker thread. Thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread & nice to know that several members enjoy Air Jordan sneakers. Can't believe it's been inactive since 2011. I'll move over to that thread for future postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailer Park Ninja View Post
    Plus with the extremely limited numbers particularly with the Jordan releases, I just can't bother with trying to compete with all of Sydney for the one pair in my size at the one store.

Case in point, last night I went out and on the way back home in the taxi, I passed by the Footlocker on George Street, Sydney. There were guys camped out in chairs for this morning's release of the Jordans. They must've been there from 8pm to camp it overnight for this morning.
    It's the same in Melbourne. I use to be one of those guys in my camping seat just to secure a pair in my size. I was ever only interested in Jordan IV, V & VI, which are uber popular. So next year my wish list are Jordan VI Black Infrareds, Carmines, Sport Blue & Maroons.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Next year will be the 23rd anniversary of the Jordan Brand 6's. Which means Nike will be releasing several colourways of the 6's. I'm looking forward to getting a pair of Infrared Black colourway.

Are there kicks collectors who are also TF fans?
    I'm very much looking forward to the slew of 6s next year; though not for the black infrareds (of which I have 2 pairs already). I had the black infrareds & maroon pairs as a kid, so I'm keen for the maroons. The other 3 original colours have already been confirmed for next year (carmines, sport blues & white infrareds), but not the pairs we seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailer Park Ninja View Post
    I should have waved!

I actually only lined up there early as I was out in the city Friday night for dinner with some friends & rather than go home only to get up early I just hung around. Was a long night!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister