Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MP-12 Masterpiece Sideswipe / Lambor - 2nd Production Run

I was told this re-run was done because a business person said he/ she wanted to make 6000 pieces of this hence the license was given to him/ her to produce.

Looking at some of the pics though, it seems there are still mismatches

Oh well, lucky he's not a definitely need MP

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think I might have bought this if there were fixes, but if it is just a rerun, I would wait for reasonable prices before I buy one.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am not sure what to do myself, I really want an MP Sideswipe since i wasn't collecting during the first run and so I was really hanging out for this second run with its QC improvements but there are truly mixed results on TFW2005 regarding this model and it seems like there is a very good chance of ending up with a dud despite paying a lot more for this second run. So disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    I am not sure what to do myself, I really want an MP Sideswipe since i wasn't collecting during the first run and so I was really hanging out for this second run with its QC improvements but there are truly mixed results on TFW2005 regarding this model and it seems like there is a very good chance of ending up with a dud despite paying a lot more for this second run. So disappointing.
    Well looks like you are more desperate than I am as I am in your shoes, and I am not paying overprice RRP for this. I will gladly wait and see if Hasbro will decide to release sideswipe since they have interest in releasing prowl.

Look if you're not completely satisfied with the product once you receive it, ask for an exchange or refund. You'd be entitled to it.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Well looks like you are more desperate than I am as I am in your shoes, and I am not paying overprice RRP for this. I will gladly wait and see if Hasbro will decide to release sideswipe since they have interest in releasing prowl.
    You think the Hasbro version will have better QC than Takara????

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Look if you're not completely satisfied with the product once you receive it, ask for an exchange or refund. You'd be entitled to it.
    Fair point, although I would have to cop return shipping I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    To be honest, I am buying for the RRP price point, if $90 TRU gets me a sideswipe, I just get it and hong kong stores wont get a dime from me because they are being selfish in their rerun.

At this stage I don't really care much for this piece for the current price. If is a do or die, I worry about getting a mp-10 first.

Simply put, I am not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    It can happen. Hasbro's MP Starscream and Rodimus had improved QC over their Takara counterparts. And even if there's no improvement, as far as the more recent MPs are concerned, even Australian RRPs work out substantially cheaper than TakTOM's. e.g. Hasbro's MP Soundwave has QC issues with the paint apps on the visor which TakTOM's doesn't, but considering that it's approx. $110 cheaper (not incl. postage) than TakTOM's, who's complaining?

I'm personally hoping that Hasbro will release the cars, including the Lambos.