Thread: Mandarake!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mandarake!

If you guys ever...EVER get a chance to visit Akihabara, Tokyo, Make sure you visit Mandarake...I was in geek paradise lol. The place just reeks of nostalgia, It has so many G1,G2, Beastwars, masterpiece transformers, pretty much everything. I was so blown away. Akihabara surprisingly doesn't have many stores selling transformers.. Sofmap Amusment store only had 1 G1 omega supreme... I found way more in other suburbs like Asakusa, and Shinjuku. Its pretty cool seeing the tak/tom transformers as normal toys with the mean paint jobs just in the shelves, they just seem more 'finished?'

It looks so cool from some of the picture of those store ....ill be in there for hour on end just looking at all the stuff they have !

I'll be there 19/1 can't wait
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Mandrake is a great store, there are 3 levels if you go to the Nakano (tokyo) one. Each level has different types of toys, Transformers/Anime/Star Wars. I visit their regularly, the prices are not too bad either, but do your homework.

damn awesome store. I found the nakano store was a bit better for transformers

Quote Originally Posted by evandouglas86 View Post
    If you guys ever...EVER get a chance to visit Akihabara, Tokyo, Make sure you visit Mandarake...I was in geek paradise lol.
    Heh, I couldn't do it when I was in Tokyo last time because my wife had already given me an entire day to hang out with Transfans and visit various stores in Osaka... that was my "Transformers day," and the rest of the trip was meant to be focused on other stuff. Still, I had great fun in Osaka just talking with fans... you get some interesting insights from Japanese fans that Western fans don't necessarily discuss or think about and also vice versa -- so it was like a geeky cultural exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by phealey View Post
    Mandrake is a great store, there are 3 levels if you go to the Nakano (tokyo) one.
    I'm sure that was just a typo, but I've noticed some people here say "Mandrake." For those who may not know, it's "Mandarake" (say "Mun-dah-rah-keh"). One problem w/ writing Japanese words in Romaji is that your brain does sometimes 'autocorrect' them into English words.