Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.R.S Mail-away

Default S.T.A.R.S Mail-away

Remember the S.T.A.R.S Mail-away? I found mine the other day, I think it is complet!

Over all it is in ok condition for 20 year old cardboard but one of the pannels has a hole cut out of it.

Does anyone still have their one? Im suprised it wasn't thrown away.

i want one if anyone doesnt want theirs

I wouldn't mind setting it up but a piece is cut out of it.

The side with the arrow and circle thing, thats whats missing.

If anyone has that or even a scan of that piece, i'd be intersted so I could make a repro wall.

Thanks

Whenever I read S.T.A.R.S, I hear Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 growling it in my head as he chases Jill Valentine. That game still haunts me!

He's talking about this

I was going to post a link to but figured if the Autobots didn’t invite Jay to join back in the day, they must have had a good reason. We shouldn’t tell him anymore he is totally a spy.

Dang, my memory is screwed. Too much fun in between my childhood and adulthood.

Plus, I'm in I.T. I can't retain recollection of any more acronyms.

jaydisc: S.T.A.R.S. stands for Secret Transformers Autobot Rescue Squad. It was a fan-club that you could join through mail-order along with robot points. It was advertised in the same booklet where mail-away Transformers were also advertised (such as the handsome devil in my avatar ). You received the cardboard STARS base, an ID card and an iron-on patch (Autobot insignia) and a booklet with a profile on some TFs - as I recall it was Snarl, Inferno and Devastator. That was the first time I'd ever seen Devastator's box art (as the gift set was never sold here). I ironed my patch onto a jacket which I used to wear to school and other kids picked on me for it (along with my TF wallet which carried my TF ID card. Ah, such bitter memories). The UK version's base came with a floor! A floor!!

I even kept an old rotary dial telephone next to by STARS base so that I could pick up the hand set just like in this illustration! The phone wasn't actually connected - by that time my family was using keypad phones but I'd be pretending to call the Autobots. Hehehehe. My brother and I had a STARS base each and we'd use one for the Autobots' base and the other for the Decepticons (despite the fact that the STARS bases have Autobot insignias on them, meh!). I've since lost my STARS bases but in 1999 I managed to take this photo of one of my STARS bases, recreating an iconic moment from the Matrix Quest.

how on earth did you lose a STAR base Gok???

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

It probably got thrown out in the trash...