Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 94.23%
  • No

3 5.77%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Thread: Do you want an Ozformer T-shirt

okay ladies and gentlemen, where are we going at this?
    could we at least come to some conclusion?
    do we need another poll for the T-shirt design?

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    okay ladies and gentlemen, where are we going at this?
    could we at least come to some conclusion?
    do we need another poll for the T-shirt design?
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I have been following this topic, and like the designs being posted (some are similar to the shirts I did up this year that I took to BotCon). The place I got them done was limited by the shape of the image - it has to be square or rectangular. That meant that the black one had a noticable solid rectangle of black printed on the shirt with the logo and wording. One way around it was to make the rectangle part of the image, by colour or pattern, esentially 'hiding the printed rectangle in plain sight'. I also wanted to recolour the wording (it was done in B&W to hopefully get around using the trademarked TFs logo without permission) and rearrange it, but never got around to it yet since I got back.
    As nice as the B&W lettering looked on the computer screen (looked metallic), it just didn't turn out too nicely on the shirts, and just looked cheap.
    Mind you, a white tshirt doesn't have to worry as much about a background rectangle, because you can hardly see it printed on the white fabric. It is just necessary for a background colour/pattern for a black tshirt to 'hide' the rectangle the print shop will end up putting on there.
    But this is through one of those print shop kiosks at a nearby shopping centre, so maybe an actual tshirt printer company would have a different process. Though, last time I checked (about 7 years ago) they have such a huge minimum quantity, it may be the same for any shirt print companies (due to their cheaper per-unit process).

I need a couple of hours to play with this to put together something I would prefer, that is legal, recognisable and most importantly, good enough for us to want to wear in public. I keep putting it off, because there is always something else that needs to be done first when I turn on the computer. I want to do something this weekend though, since there is so much interest at the moment.

I also want to see if Hasbro AUS will let us use the TFs logo, if we guarantee that it remains a club shirt that is for members only (not sold publically, or for profit), and the logo plays a minor role in the design.

Prices for the print shop kiosk is about $25-30 for the shirt and the printing on one side. I think it was another $10-15 for both sides to be done, making it too expensive to get both back and front done from that sort of source. And a bulk order will probably knock off a few dollars off each, if the design is the same on each (not personalised).
    Some prices have already been posted here, but I might check out some other sources from my end for a more definite price range for people here to expect (when this goes ahead).
    I think we stay like Griff's first ones.......

Agreed, change of text though, to simply say "Ozformers"??

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Bumparoo!
    What, that makes little to no sense at all.

I liked the original designs and I'm quite happy with a T-shirt with a choice of colours. If we keep going on suggesting changes we will keep running around in circles and getting nowhere, I didn't mind paying the $20-$30 for one of these but I'm hesitant to pay the $100-$120 for a jersey because I said I'd buy 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I liked the original designs and I'm quite happy with a T-shirt with a choice of colours. If we keep going on suggesting changes we will keep running around in circles and getting nowhere, I didn't mind paying the $20-$30 for one of these but I'm hesitant to pay the $100-$120 for a jersey because I said I'd buy 2.
    +1 stick with T-shirts for now at least

Quote Originally Posted by turtle boy View Post
    What, that makes little to no sense at all.
    It's a bump for a stale thread