Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I found the instructions online, it just bugs me that there aren't paper versions I don't have to print out in at least one of the set. No matter. I'll just have to build at the computer.

If Exo-Force is finishing, I have better get the last 2 sets I'm missing from this wave!
    I'm w/ Thanatos. I like my computer but when I'm building Lego I don't precisely like reading instructions off the net. It's not that sorta time.

Oh, and yes, I read that last night on one of the Lego forums and was bitterly disappointed. Apparently a lot was to do with Lego failing to promote this latest wave effectively. Me? I just think the new designs hardly come even close to matching the 2006 and 2007 sets. Of the new stuff I only really like the Hybrid Rescue Tank and Storm Lasher and Dark Panther. The latter two only make the cut courtesy of hte combo form. But aside from that they definitely are a step down on the originals.e
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

vegetariandeceptacon Guest

Thumbs up Bought at a good price.

I found this person, Patty, on ebay who was pretty helpful in getting me the rare Castle sets that I've really wanted. He had the 7094 King's Siege and 10193 Medieval Market Village. You guys might wanna give him a go aswell since I can't find either of these sets locally at stores.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/JustBricks-AUSTRALIA

He has a pretty decent range aswell and with a bit of sweet talk, he let me pick up.

VD over and out.

The Truth Guest

Medieval Market Village still works out to be cheaper from Lego.com. Even with pick-up.

Pattylocious' packing leaves much to be desired. Caution advised. Mandatory registered post and only brown paper as protection.

Interesting... Guest

I bought an item from JustBricks AUSTRALIA, although I think it was called something else before, but same seller name, a couple of months ago and the item came boxed.

Unlucky draw of the straw?

I paid bank deposit so didn't have to pay registered post. It's not mandatory. You just gotta read the rules.

Was bank deposit... yet somehow it was mandatory for me. A set under 500g cost $6.50 Regular. Also, last time I checked Registered post only cost $2.75, not $3.00. Perhaps because I won the item for under retail rrp uping the the price of postage was justified.

Anyhow, I'm derailing the thread. *tsk tsk* I did aquire set 7739 Coast Guard Boat and Tower for $75.00 today. Thank you Myer. I just counted how many sets I bought in March... 26. Ouch. Will take a picture tomorrow too show you all my not so slow slide into poverty.

Won a Hailfire Droid with 3x Battle Droids and a super battle droid (missing the spider droid) for $10 pickup off evilbay. I'm quite happy with them.