Page 5 of 154 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    My only problem with this set is that it is too big.
    The V19-Torrent is supposed to be a small light attack fighter (read cannon fodder)
    Linky Linky
    Yeah. I think it is nearly to scale though looking at that linked pic.
    And even though the box is a decent size it's more than half empty and very light.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 10th August 2008 at 08:49 PM.

DirtyD scored me the Hoth base and the X-Wing (and the Indy Temple Chase). I had to setup a little Hoth scene to celebrate:

TheDirtyDigger Guest

LOL very cool Jd. Now you just need about 2000 standard 2x4 white bricks to build around that door.

EDIT: Also it's good that the Han and Leia figs from the X-wing can get used in the Hoth set appropriately.

Just got home with this baby; 7676: Republic Attack Gunship.

It was a tad awkward carrying it through Melbourne Central and on the train ride home, gets a bit tiring carrying a big long box under your arm whilst you have a bag full of textbooks in the other. Got quite a few looks from passerbys as my friend said, well it does stand out quite a bit.

Currently it's sitting on my bedroom floor, I have no classes or lectures tomorrow so I'll be devoting the whole day building this. So (hopefully) expect pictures of the finished build tomorrow. I seriously can't wait to get stuck into this.

I want one so bad but I could never justify the price. I'm just not enough of a Lego / Star Wars fan.

I'm so tempted to get some of the Star Wars sets to hold me over until the new Mars Mission and Missions sets arrive down under but then my completist attitude would dictate I track down all the SW sets so I'm holding back. So I'm just biding my time acquiring older space sets from the Blacktron era through to UFO.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

More catchin' up, courtesy of theDirtyDigger and GPS dependent delivery boy, Jaydisc.

Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Regretted not getting the original Lego X-Wing from TRU when they were on clearence...

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I couldn't help myself last night. As soon as I picked this up from Jaydisc, I had to build it. I started at about 2:00. An hour later this was the result:

It's a beautiful thing. My only one complaint is that there is no waist articulation. But that's easily remedied. I'll do it later tonight. I like it so much I even applied the stickers which are really good. They do enhance the appearance of the toy by a mile. I've so far avoided stickers on the vast majority of them except for the really stand out ones of which Golden Guardian and Aero Booster definitely are. I have doubles of both too.
    I just built this one now and am also very impressed. It's easily my favorite so far.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

A couple of things about Exo Force I really love are 1) the articulated hands/fingers on some and 2) the big, beefy, mean-ass weapons.
    Lego Space originally never did come with decent weapons (except IMO Galaxy Commander) so it was always a case of having to make custom guns to feel adequate.