Page 151 of 154 FirstFirst ... 131141146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1531

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Thats cool. You should make up a little lego you and her to go with it.
    Spiderken Away!

I just got the Lego Saturn V from Big W. Between the current toy sale, staff discount and an unused gift card I had I only paid $101.70. I'm really happy.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Went to Anime at Abbotsford today and picked up the bonsai tree (very cute) and the new TIE Fighter. I've still got the one that came out with the Solo sets a couple of years back built, but I've been meaning to do a full rebuild of the old 2010 TIE Defender for ages, so the cockpit will be a nice foundation for that.

whats the tree like? apparently it uses frogs as leaves? i dont think i could un-see that

I went a bit overboard on New year's and ordered the bonsai, Chinese New year gardens, mustang, grogu plus the Spiderman /ghost rider set. Also nabbed some brickheads and the flowers for relatives.

Only started the Chinese gardens so far as I've been working on my trains, but I cannot wait to make the bonsai, yes the cherry blossom leaves have frogs for the blossoms, but I think they are an amazing choice.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    whats the tree like? apparently it uses frogs as leaves? i dont think i could un-see that
    I built the tree on Friday. Its a good build and a nice display piece.

From a distance the frogs look good. But like you I can't un-see it either.
    That being said I prefer the green leaves anyway so that's what I'm leaving it as.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Yep as the others said the frogs are on the pink version only - there's one brown frog used as part of the branch detail/shape but it's next to invisible with the leaves on. Haven't even gotten around to opening the cherry blossom bag yet, it's just sitting around waiting for the day I need a tonne of frogs.

Anyway, more arrivals at Anime - I picked up the microfighter Falcon (mainly just to have one more Han Solo to replace one of the old ones, although I've been thinking I may add a microfighter-scaled hangar to the back of the cantina for it), and the new X-Wing, which like the TIE is a great set I don't need so now I have an E-Wing.

Built the new TIE fighter tonight. It’s a cool little set.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Picked up yet another of the new TIEs from Broadway (Abbotsford ran out), and just finished downloading the instructions to the 2007 Y-Wing that I've still got basically all the pieces from since Blue Leader only reused a few cosmetic parts - gonna make a Y-TIE Ugly (and for the TIE cockpit I'm pretty sure I've still got the track parts around somewhere so that's going to be a new-look, i.e. not blue, TIE Crawler).

Built Sesame Street with my six year old over the wet weather a week back, she can't stop playing with it and she has never been a massive Sesame Street fan. It's a very well designed play set that is very hardy, not something I can say for most "play" sets, even Ninjago and friends often have too many bits that bump off or collapse easily.
    I'm not a big fan of saying "blah blah needs a CMF series" but this set shows that making Muppet/Sesame Street figures isn't too difficult and I'd love a 10 figure series with the count, Grover /super Grover, tele, Rosita and other humanoid Muppets (surely a Hooper and Maria too)... Failing that, combine it with Muppets themselves...

-edit-
    Forgot to mention that using the heart piece in orange with a unique print for Smiley the worm may be my favourite printed piece ever...
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 29th March 2021 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added Smiley comment
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)