Page 152 of 154 FirstFirst ... 132142147148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1531

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

The other day someone on Gumtree was giving away a used copy of Lego Dimensions for nothing. Apparently she was just gonna throw it in the landfill (why?)

Surprised it works! Always wanted to try out this game. Now to look for the additional packs to go with it.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

So I picked up the Speed Champions Ferrari... I dunno, I'm not a car person, the red thing, from Anime at Abbotsford on the weekend, because it was cheap and I just wanted to built something and even though I don't care about cars Ferrari red things are pretty. Turned out to be a ton of fun to build, with all the clever tricks to get the shaping presumably just right (I mean I don't know if it's right or not), so I went back and got the rest of the sets there - all of last year's except the Lamborghini Uranus and Super Tropey 2-pack, have to find that somewhere, plus this year's Toyota yellow thing. So I guess I collect cars now? I just wish the stickers were cut to extend right to the edge of the parts though - I mean I know that'd make them super fiddly to put on, but I'm trying to get the ones that line up right on the edges anyway so they're super fiddly regardless (hi OCD), may as well get full coverage out of that rather than gaps. And bonus, they're all right-hand drive now.

I did get a couple of the old 6-wide cars a few years back, just to park next to Iron Man's house, but they're in the parts boxes now. Still got the Mini Cooper though, that's adorable.

Found the Harry Potter Fawkes and wizards chess set from Toyworld in Vincentia. I normally am loathe to pay full price for sets that aren't Lego store exclusives but I know I'll likely never see these sets at a retail store.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Found the Harry Potter Fawkes and wizards chess set from Toyworld in Vincentia. I normally am loathe to pay full price for sets that aren't Lego store exclusives but I know I'll likely never see these sets at a retail store.
    Lol. I didn’t even know there was a Toyworld in Vincentia.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Bought myself the new Creator castle at Big W toy sale then a mate gave me another as a present. Gonna build one mega castle out of them.
    Spiderken Away!

Nice. Post some pics of the finished monstrosity.

Picked up the current wave of Shang Chi and Star Wars sets from Abbotsford (click 'n' collect). Since I've got Gideon's cruiser sideways on the shelf you can only really see the curved front ends of one of the engines, so the others got donated to finally fix that ugly mess they made of the front of the Razor Crest's engines. (And while I was at it I also rebuilt the Crest's landing legs to make them more screen accurate. And completely useless, so it now relies on clear bricks underneath the main body to hold it all up, but it looks right.)

Got the Apollo lander and the light kit as a birthday present, so I'll hopefully give that a go soon. Also have the Dinosaur fossils, Stormtrooper helmet and a (non lego, but advertised that it is) 1x1 brick mosaic to build as well.
    Finished building the Ford Mustang, it's an ingenious build.
    New Star Wars wave minus the cruiser and some Speed Champions sets on the way, so more bricks than I can handle right now!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I have been on a little bit of a Lego Star Wars kick lately, after being out of the game for about 9 years. Some sets I have purchased recently:

- 75280 501st Clone Troopers (x2)
    - 75281 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor
    - 75310 Duel on Mandalore
    - 75174 Desert Skiff Escape
    - 75198 Tatooine Battle Pack
    - 8092 Luke's Landspeeder
    - 9516 Jabba's Palace

I'm trying to track down a complete 75005 Rancor Pit to go under Jabba's Palace, but it's proving a difficult task to find any out there.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Just ordered the UCS Republic Gunship, I saw it at a Lego show recently and its a beautiful piece.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)