Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: Hotlinking prohibited - How do you insert/attach images here?

I'm keen to sell some of my bots and other toys...
    What's a good free photo hosting site that I can use these days that works well here?
    Cheers

Flickr
    Free accounts are limited to 1000 photos, straightforward share links (bbcode for this forum) and multiple size options

Imgur
    Best used from a desktop in my experience, they removed logging in from browsers on tablets Because it was “too hard” for them to maintain lol, haven’t tried the app in over a year so might be worth looking into. Check your privacy settings before uploading - don’t “publish to imgur” and you won’t get randoms commenting on your posts

Add these letters before .jpg to resize
    l = large size
    m = medium size
    t = thumbnail size
    s = small square size

Discord
    Create your own server and upload the pics there, have to be resized first if needed.

Tumblr
    I’m assuming you can still hotlink from your own tumblr account, the image addresses get refreshed periodically (yearly I think) so really only for temporary hotlinking

Instagram
    You can embed instagram posts (single images, not gallery/story/video posts) in this forum with a work around, try this:
    https://newscrewdriver.com/2018/07/1...ithout-plugin/
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Flicker sounds the goods!

Thanks so much, tiny-Jazz!!!!!

Like many other people I've always used Photobucket. In the last year or so they started putting watermarks on photos when you didn't have a paid subscription.

I've found out a way to remove the watermark. When copying the image url, simply replace "i1361" with "oimg" as per the example below:

https://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r670/lemmead/Transformers%20Masterpiece_zps6ldqqoyo.jpg

to

https://oimg.photobucket.com/albums/r670/lemmead/Transformers%20Masterpiece_zps6ldqqoyo.jpg

Note that if you want to update your pics already posted here I found you have to delete the existing link and repaste the link from Photobucket, then make oimg change. If you simply make oimg edit in the existing link it doesn't remove the watermark.

The free subscription allows 250 photos which is more than enough for the purposes of posting on this site. Hope this helps!

I'm far too lazy, DD
    Imgur it is for moi

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'm far too lazy, DD
    Imgur it is for moi
    Haha all good mate. I've never used Imgur but if it's easy to use then by all means.